"Lollipop Chainsaw"

raybattousai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Grasshopper Manufacture presents a zombie action game starring a cheerleader and a chainsaw with a head sticking out its end.

2132455391full.jpg

2132455392full.jpg

Source 1

Source 2

Suda Talks About The Game

So "No More Heroes" with a chick? I'LL TAKE 10!
biggrin.gif

(First time posting news, criticism welcome!)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
Australia will ban it because you can see up her skirt.
That a shame, but probably true... just like doa...

QUOTE(machomuu @ Jul 20 2011, 11:22 AM) She looks...ick. Just ick, and that chainsaw doesn't look all too appealing either. I'll wait for more details until then, DO NOT WANT.
She kinda remind me of Bad Girl from no more heroes.

Tho I can't tell if you are joking, it looks fun to me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s111_fM737cORMWkryyidrsz6nM49VH4O5zZ4.jpg

If you're familiar at all with the work of Grasshopper Manufacture and its president Goichi "Suda51" Suda , it should come as no surprise to you that their latest game involves a cheerleader in a skimpy outfit using a chainsaw to dismember zombies inside a West Coast high school. It also shouldn't surprise you to learn that Grasshopper already has a US and European publisher in place for the title.
Lollipop Chainsaw, an Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 title first announced in this week's issue of Famitsu magazine in Japan, stars a girl named Juliet Starling who, on the occasion of her 18th birthday, is on her way to San Romero High School to meet up with her boyfriend. Instead, she finds the place infested with zombie-fied versions of her classmates. It should be obvious by the game's title what comes next.

"Actually I've wanted to do a crazy horror-action game like this set in a school for a while now," Suda commented. "Something where the classrooms, corridors, gymnasium and so on are suddenly transformed into something completely different. I was also working on a game concept centered around using a chainsaw as a weapon, and once the idea for the Juliet character began to form, it was just a perfect fit."

Despite the premise, Lollipop isn't a particularly gory game -- instead, the visual design is meant to play up the cute 'pop' aspect of the title. "Instead of sprays of blood, we have the zombies emitting bursts of pink light," Suda said. "When it comes to gore, we can certainly go that way if we want, but we wanted to give the game more of a 'pop' feel."

"Since Juliet's a cheerleader, there's going to be action moves that take advantage of her cheerleading skills," added Yoshimi Yasuda, president of Lollipop publisher Kadokawa Games. "There are other ways to attack outside of the chainsaw, too, and part of the fun is figuring out which move to use at which time."

Like with the rest of Grasshopper's titles, famed game musician Akira Yamaoka is heading up the sound staff. "We're putting a lot of effort into the soundtrack, definitely," commented Suda. "Part of the reason we established Grasshopper in the first place was so we could work on every part of a game in-house, and we treat sound especially importantly in this outfit. The sound team for Lollipop is led by Yamaoka and they're working on a whole array of pop tunes right now. Part of the gameplay might involve sound as well, although exactly how we're still keeping a secret."

No release date was given for Lollipop Chainsaw, which (according to Yasuda) already has an overseas publisher committed to releasing the game in English, although he didn't reveal who. "The game's framework is complete, and now we're deep into the fine-tuning process," Suda said. "I'd place it at around 70 percent complete. It's really a new era for zombie games -- a piece of 'pop' zombie entertainment."[/p]

Source 1 (This site is in Japanese)

Source 2

Suda Talks About The Game

So "No More Heroes" with a chick? I'LL TAKE 10!
biggrin.gif

^ This is (about) how it should look. Copy and paste this over yours and change it however you want, also use this as a reference point the next time you create a news article.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really a fan of this at the moment. Mostly because of the character herself, doesn't seem appealing in my eyes.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A skinny ass white girl in a skirt and a glorified sports bra wielding a chainsaw.

The game could suck, which it probably will, and it will still sell well enough to get 3 sequels and 2 spin-off series.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
For 360 and PS3? No WiiU?
I'm getting a PS3 when this comes out. I played No More Heroes 1/2 to death and this looks like it's spiritual sequel. And I skipped the other Suda 51 game because I don't have an HD console, but not now. I'm looking forward to more details on this one, because it looks awesome.
Now that I look at the protagonist, she reminds me of Bad Girl. Although she looks a little... ugh, dunno how to say it, but not good. But I'll get over it if it plays like No More Heroes + zombies.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
machomuu said:
She looks...ick. Just ick, and that chainsaw doesn't look all too appealing either. I'll wait for more details until then, DO NOT WANT.

I was being serious, the female doesn't look appealing to me. At all. If I want an Action game with appealing females I'll play No More Heroes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MigueelDnd said:
For 360 and PS3? No WiiU?
I'm getting a PS3 when this comes out. I played No More Heroes 1/2 to death and this looks like it's spiritual sequel. And I skipped the other Suda 51 game because I don't have an HD console, but not now. I'm looking forward to more details on this one, because it looks awesome.
Well iirc, he said something about making another No More Heroes for the wii u, so I look forward to it.

machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Jul 20 2011, 11:22 AM) She looks...ick. Just ick, and that chainsaw doesn't look all too appealing either. I'll wait for more details until then, DO NOT WANT.

I was being serious, the female doesn't look appealing to me. At all. If I want an Action game with appealing females I'll play No More Heroes.
The girl shouldn't keep you from playing the game is all I meant,but ok.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
raybattousai said:
Narayan said:
if not for the head, she'd be awesome.

Your telling me you never wanted a creepy talking severed head for a partner?
no. but i just don't see the head convenient for battle.

sorry, i want some games look somewhat possible and not just adding crazy stuff on the characters.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
A skinny ass white girl in a skirt and a glorified sports bra wielding a chainsaw.

The game could suck, which it probably will, and it will still sell well enough to get 3 sequels and 2 spin-off series.

Because No More Heroes sold like candy? And Shadows of the Damned? I don't know if you're trying to compare this to another game series but you're describing nothing in the chain of Suda51 games.

It's Suda51 so I'll probably be obligated to buy it. Still need to get Shadows of the Damned, too.

QUOTE(MigueelDnd @ Jul 20 2011, 05:33 PM) For 360 and PS3? No WiiU?
Now that I look at the protagonist, she reminds me of Bad Girl. Although she looks a little... ugh, dunno how to say it, but not good. But I'll get over it if it plays like No More Heroes + zombies.

I seriously doubt that any game released before the WiiU will simply be ported to the system. Analysts have said that any port of an older game (meaning pre-launch area) will fail on the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu