Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BeatriceTheGolden said:
I do, and you made me cringe.
Moral of the story, that kid and the other one obsessed with Japan, made me hate things like your little ??.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
BeatriceTheGolden said:
WildWon said:
I've only learned of Touhou recently. And i think i need to lose myself. Cept the youtube vids give me nightmares. I think i need to :yaytoke: in order to get through some of that shit.

Would'ja recommend them? Or are they too hard for an old guy?
Try playing Perfect Cherry Blossom first.

(the seventh game in the series)

It is easily the most convenient as easiest one.

I'm going to second this, just because in the 6th game (embodiment of the scarlet devil) you can't see the hitbox when focused and stuff and so if you're not used to japanese shmups it can kind of throw you off because you won't know where you can get hit and where you can't and stuff

Does it count (towards having Japanese shmup experience) if i played the fuck out of, and enjoyed the fuck out of Ikaruga?

I mean, i want to jump in, but i don't want to start "easy." I mean, my first guitar hero experience was the Wolf Mother song from GH2 on hard. I'm kinda a trial by fire type of player
smile.gif

daemmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
touhou is one of the most annoying games and awesomest games.(
blink.gif
) when i reached stage 6 in EOSD ( with the flandre theme) I DIED at the last bost.... with no continues left at hard . but cant imagine that some people this can on lunatic. btw imperiable night is awesome too.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
WildWon said:
Does it count (towards having Japanese shmup experience) if i played the fuck out of, and enjoyed the fuck out of Ikaruga?

I mean, i want to jump in, but i don't want to start "easy." I mean, my first guitar hero experience was the Wolf Mother song from GH2 on hard. I'm kinda a trial by fire type of player
smile.gif

People who've finished other Touhou games will tell you that Perfect Cherry Blossom is easy shit by comparison, but in no way is it a simple game to finish for someone who hasn't played them before.

Ikaruga, eh? Well, your hitbox is a lot bigger, but still not visible. Just play Perfect Cherry Blossom.

Google for it, you'll find it on MegaUpload or RapidShit or MediaFire or something.

Play on Lunatic Mode, all the other modes are for suckers.

QUOTE(daemmaster @ Mar 22 2010, 01:46 PM) touhou is one of the most annoying games and awesomest games.(
blink.gif
) when i reached stage 6 in EOSD ( with the flandre theme) I DIED at the last bost.... with no continues left at hard . but cant imagine that some people this can on lunatic. btw imperiable night is awesome too.
LOL USING CONTINUES ENJOY YOUR BAD END.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BeatriceTheGolden said:
People who've finished other Touhou games will tell you that Perfect Cherry Blossom is easy shit by comparison, but in no way is it a simple game to finish for someone who hasn't played them before.

Ikaruga, eh? Well, your hitbox is a lot bigger, but still not visible. Just play Perfect Cherry Blossom.

Google for it, you'll find it on MegaUpload or RapidShit or MediaFire or something.

Alright, snagging it now!
smile.gif
Thanks for the info!

EDIT: GRRR ARGH RRRRAAAHHH!!!! I grabbed it. Started the english version, and a LONG error popped up in a character set for which i cannot read. So i tried the original, and the same error popped up. But i can't fix it cause i can't read it
frown.gif
Why am i so severely monolingual?! (go ahead, reference the flag in my info. I know, i know
frown.gif
)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
WildWon said:
BeatriceTheGolden said:

Alright, snagging it now!
smile.gif
Thanks for the info!

EDIT: GRRR ARGH RRRRAAAHHH!!!! I grabbed it. Started the english version, and a LONG error popped up in a character set for which i cannot read. So i tried the original, and the same error popped up. But i can't fix it cause i can't read it
frown.gif
Why am i so severely monolingual?! (go ahead, reference the flag in my info. I know, i know
frown.gif
)

Try grabbing it from somewhere else? Or maybe you need support for eastern language fonts installed?

p.s. apparently the fourth game is pretty good to start with, especially since the PC98 ones were fairly simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea we shop/ like Costco also, should of went there instead.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, We do have Costco's in the UK, but only in some areas.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    the bakery section smells good, but I wish the ingredients list on their items were simpler
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ costco in the UK is only available to certain people, not everyone is eligible

- in the USA anyone is able to buy the membership
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its nice if you can afford, and have space at home, to buy in large quantities. We most!y buy TP, paper towels, that kind of stuff there
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    We're planning on getting membership cards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You don't like donkey hot dogs?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is Costco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wholesale grocery store. Everything is in like 64 packs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Are those like big sized ramen? Do they look like a
    bowel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has better girth
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.newegg.com/blue-wd5000azrz-500gb/p/1B0-0020-000E3?Item=1B0-0020-000E3&Source=socialsh...