LOL Another Valwin Thread (formerly: Sony Admits The Vita is doing bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony-admits-it-needs-to-do-better-promoting-the-vita.aspx
playstation-vita9.1.11610.jpg

Sony outlines many issues with the Vita, citing the need for more third-party software support, marketing, and pricing of the handheld as key areas to improve in order to drive sales.

The PSVita has to stop being promoted as a video game device, .
they need to focus on the other neat stuff it does.
source

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cut the price by 50$, get rid of the stupid 3g (and yah I own a 3g vita, not for the 3g of course) and get some of those many studios sony owns to start pumping games out. nintendo imo just gave a big boost to the wii u with the nintendo direct, sony could go to E3 and do the same.

-price cut
-games
-ditch 3g
-games
-show off all of its features
-GAMES DAMNIT

Reactions: nryn99 and NahuelDS

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There needs to be a new USN rule where, if citing a source, the source title should be used to title the thread. Could vastly reduce the number of Valwin troll threads...

Reactions: nryn99 and Gahars

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I predicted the poster of this thread, some of the content, and the responses it generated before clicking it. Except for the last one, this thread didn't disappoint.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
cut the price by 50$, get rid of the stupid 3g (and yah i own a 3g vita, not for the 3g of course) and get some of those many studios sony owns to start pumping games out. nintendo imo just gave a big boost to the wii u with the nintendo direct, sony could go to E3 and do the same.

-price cut
-games
-ditch 3g
-games
-show off all of its features
-GAMES DAMNIT
I can't believe you forgot to mention that the Vita needs games!

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this empty billboard on this hill by a busy highway I can plop a vita ad on, real cheap too!

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not so much that the system cost too much or there aren't enough good games yet, it's the fucking proprietary memory cards thats the real deal breaker for most people, Sony really did shoot themselves in the foot by doing that

and it's not even for anti-piracy reason either, nintendo let's you use a regular SD card on your 3DS and it still isn't fully hacked yet (not even close) they just wanted more money

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that was actually what stopped me from buying one some six months back, since I knew a meager 4gb wasn't going to be enough.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not so much that the system cost too much or there aren't enough good games yet, it's the fucking proprietary memory cards thats the real deal breaker for most people, Sony really did shoot themselves in the foot by doing that

and it's not even for anti-piracy reason either, nintendo let's you use a regular SD card on your 3DS and it still isn't fully hacked yet (not even close) they just wanted more money

I honestly forgot about the memory cards. I wouldn't mind if they were ps vita exclusive, just make them reasonably priced is all I ask. 32GB DOES NOT need to be 100$

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they added the ability to control someone else's life, it'll possibly sell better.

Or maybe they can stop trying to make it into a multimedia device and just focus on making it a gaming device.. which basically cuts down the cost in the end.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the Sony team is a regular group of detectives.

It's not doing well because it's overpriced and has no games. Also, Sony's last attempt to remedy the no games thing ended up in PSASBR.
The solution is to fire their entire marketing team and start from scratch. Otherwise it pretty much has no hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative