Gaming Lock's Quest

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WileCoyote said:
I'm having issues when you get to the one city and help out with the cannon on day 5,theres this red robot that keeps kicking my ass..... anyone have any tips????

You should upgrade to 3 shots, and buy the rain special. Thats what i used.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
WileCoyote said:
I'm having issues when you get to the one city and help out with the cannon on day 5,theres this red robot that keeps kicking my ass..... anyone have any tips????

You should upgrade to 3 shots, and buy the rain special. Thats what i used.
I used true shot and the spear man. I killed that guy.

Kite Lanford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, while it is a Tower Defence game, Lock himself does get into the battle himself at times... often you have to go on the offensive instead.

So far however, I don't know what to do to gain new moves, while Lock's punch doesn't do much, wondering if I could add properties, like Freezing Fist or something.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome game is awesome. But seriously, I think this is a really high quality title by 5thCell. They've out-done themselves. The graphics are excellent and the gameplay is awesome. I even found myself enjoying the story sometimes. Definitely pick this up, I plan to as soon as I get near an EB Games.

Kite Lanford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluntsly said:
Kite; do you have the .. "1 3 4 5 2" move yet, or the one where you turn the crank? Or the lightning?

I do have the basic Archeneer "13245" punch, the Crank "Acid Punch" and the Lighting Strike, just wondering where else could I learn new moves (or if Lock ever gets a weapon becides his fists)

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
WileCoyote said:
As far as anything goes in purchases, everything is useless and you can hold your own until day 5. On Day 5 I'd buy a shot upgrade, then get explosive from the armory and then get a shield man. That'll hold out; your shield man will probably hold out and survive while you use the explosive shot power-up.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got past it today thankfully the red robot didn't pop up at the front of the screen this time he came from the back end of the screen which gave me some time to kill him....

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be missing something about defensive-style strategy games, because I've been getting frustrated with how ridiculously hard I've been finding this. From my experience so far, all I've been able to figure out is that turrets are super-expensive and are easily shredded like paper by the clockworks. Even when I put them at choke points and surround them with acid traps.

And I'm mystified now that the game wants me to be offensive, in this one mission where I have to "attack" defensive groups. They refuse to chase me back to the turrets and Lock takes a lot of damage whenever he attacks them...any suggestions?

Oh, and a discovery I made on the siege thing? Shielders take a lot of damage before they die. Send one out any round when you're having trouble and they should protect you long enough to take care of any of those red guys.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xanth said:
I must be missing something about defensive-style strategy games, because I've been getting frustrated with how ridiculously hard I've been finding this. From my experience so far, all I've been able to figure out is that turrets are super-expensive and are easily shredded like paper by the clockworks. Even when I put them at choke points and surround them with acid traps.

And I'm mystified now that the game wants me to be offensive, in this one mission where I have to "attack" defensive groups. They refuse to chase me back to the turrets and Lock takes a lot of damage whenever he attacks them...any suggestions?

Oh, and a discovery I made on the siege thing? Shielders take a lot of damage before they die. Send one out any round when you're having trouble and they should protect you long enough to take care of any of those red guys.

Well I pretty much do the same thing, have some acid traps at key points to weaken the incoming armys,it may help if you put one of those goo turrets(if you have access to them) with your cannon turrets so it slows them down,it helps during a bum rush of enemys...also don't forget to add walls with your turrets cause it raises their defence....and one last thing I do is take lock and fight the enemys when they get acid/smacked to hell by cannons,you could also play chicken and run around the map and some enemys will give chase then you led them to get destroyed by your cannons....

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xanth said:

when you have to be offensive, aim for mages, archers and healers then use Lock's ability, the corrosive acid thing. Once those three are hit by that, consider them dead~ ^.^
Any yeah, use the 2nd type of turrets, the one which hits a ranged area, then add some acid turret and lay as many normal traps as possible. Stuff the freezing things... that's what I do, I'm in Day 23 and haven't died yet... the games fun, i reckon.

jampot5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is good got stuck on one of the maps but when i died jus restarted that bit of the campaign and wiped the floor with it, i have to admit this game is very entertaining though frustrating at times, my only real complaint for this game is the chat picture of lock, i like his pixel version but not the chat one bugs me for some reason, but to anyo0ne that hasn't played this game give it a go even though the tutorial is abit annoying too
tongue.gif

Kite Lanford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trouble part is how little time you have to create Chokepoints so I just littered the entry points with Acid Traps anyhow.

My Kill Order is basically:

1) Healer
2) "Soft Targets" (Mages)
3) Tanks (Like the Defenders)
4) Rest of the Squad

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you ever get the ability to revisit levels freely on the world map? Or is it entirely playing days in linear order?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
svnelvn said:
Baby Jesus! how do you get pass kenan's test? i can't seem to find the answers to his questions
Yeah, I was stuck at that part for a while too. Just talk to everyone in that room, talk to everyone in the outside room that comes right before getting into that room (so just walk outside of the room where the old guy is), and just use common sense.

Anyone get past stage 20? D: It's so damn difficult.

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like everything about this game except the utterly predictable disapperance of lock's sister. Gee didn't see that one coming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8