demu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I saw some locked topics in Off topic forum, the one for snot is example, why close it, nothing was wrong with it?

Suggestion: Admin/Mod to leave a messsage for locking/deleting topic, few extra lines wouldn't hurt, no?

So I don't have to post topics like this.

smile.gif

thebluesnote

The not exactly friends with the razor of GbaTemp
Trophies
Website
www.uti.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
*shoots*
smile.gif

The topic was about a band called "Snot". Yes, the second line was "metal fans check this thread" or something. The metal fans checked the thread, flamed the guy, then began posting about innovative black metal bands.

I wouldn't have closed that topic, but i gave my opinion about why the topic was closed. And i gave the suggestion of opening a new topic.
smile.gif

edit: Ooops, just noticed it's a poll. Yes, an explanation is needed.

K

Konamigo

It's so simple to me... two lines of explanations are needed... what the hell
wink.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I always leave a comment and reason when locking a topic. If you can find an instance where I haven't then let me know, and I will apoligise.
And we hardly ever delete entire topics (very rare if we do) unless the posts in them have been so bad that we don't want any other forum members to see them.

Of course, I vote yes.

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
we don't need to have poll since it's a rule for mods to leave a comment before closing a post
smile.gif

that has just been a mistake i belive
smile.gif

Ap0cAl1pS3

GBAtemp d3m0n
Trophies
XP
Country
i think its a good rule , kivan.......

and yes ,put an explenation for locking/deleting, so that he/she wont do the same mistake again
smile.gif

Ap0cAl1pS3

GBAtemp d3m0n
Trophies
XP
Country
i've edited my post ...

sory, but i have some problems with my 56.6k connection, but soon i'll have adsl and all this probs will be solved .....

koentje3

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course they should explain.. but they just say: spam.. and that's it... I think when a topic is closed, it speaks for itself why it is closed.. but they should say why..

Hmmm That wasn't right..

6Orion

You've just deleted my 2 topics.Man this forum has serious problems.OK maybe not but in every other forum every topics is always opened and it is never deleted. <_<

thebluesnote

The not exactly friends with the razor of GbaTemp
Trophies
Website
www.uti.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Hmmm... I'm not a fan of abusing the work of mods in public, so this topic should be closed imho. After all, they work for US. (not United States)
I suggest using the pm service for these kind of things.

m@li

Maëlys addict :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hmmm... I'm not a fan of abusing the work of mods in public, so this topic should be closed imho. After all, they work for US. (not United States)
I suggest using the pm service for these kind of things.
Exactly!
pm them and you'll know why your topic is closed!
It's so simple....But sometime there is no need of explanation, since some topics are so weird or everybody is flaming each other...
frown.gif

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
You've just deleted my 2 topics.Man this forum has serious problems.OK maybe not but in every other forum every topics is always opened and it is never deleted. <_<
i find it difficult to believe...
only Admins and Global moderators can delete topics... and they are all trustable people...

are you sure your threads got deleted.. or not just only moved?

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to know why this topic was brought up again. The consensus is "don't piss off the mods, and they won't close a topic". It was brought up when one of the metal music threads was closed, and it's been reopened, and the mods have apologized to all involved, saying it was a mistake and that explanation should be given anyway. We also agree the PM system should be used instead. Therefore, why is this topic even open?

I'll end with a quote I saw on a shirt the other day, and I think that it's meaning applies here, as well: "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup."

-Tempest out.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pi is basically just a fancy version