locked ipod touch 4g

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by aburas, Mar 27, 2011.

Mar 27, 2011

locked ipod touch 4g by aburas at 10:52 PM (1,224 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. aburas
    OP

Newcomer aburas Member

United States
    I have yet another problem. My ipod got locked and i have a lot of pictures that i need. My problems are that i dont have backups of the data. I do have shsh blogs for ios 4.2.1 (ipod touch 4g). I dont have ssh on it so i cant access it that way. I tried searching online but i can seem to find a way to back it up. I at least want to be able to get my pictures. The music that i have on it is in ifile but if i can still retrieve it i would like to know that. I read that their is a way to back it up but that problem is when restoring they would put the passcode back on it. I dont care. i just care about first getting my pictures back first. After which i can just format it.

2. metamaster

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Try iFunBox. If you jailbroke with Greenpois0n, it installs afc2add automatically, which means that you would be able to access the files.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    this should work, he mentioned he had ifile which is homebrew so he defiantly jailbroke it

4. aburas
    OP

Newcomer aburas Member

United States
    It wont connect because my computer wont pair my ipod because it says its password locked and it wont let me access it. i-funbox wont pair with it and says no connected device

5. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Nevermind. It just occurred to me that for all I know the device could be stolen.

6. aburas
    OP

Newcomer aburas Member

United States
    What if I showed u the pic of my sis on the locked screen and her holding the iPod. Would that be proof that I didnt steal it?

7. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Like I said in PM, call Apple support. They're the only ones that can vouch for the serial number being legitimate and not reported stolen. I know what it's like to lose some family photos so I do hope you recover them.