Local play with N3DS GW9.5

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Leslie White, May 30, 2015.

1. Leslie White
    OP

Leslie White GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Paris
    Hi everyone, I know it might sound like a noob question but "better safe than sorry"...

I own a N3DSXL on sysnand9.0 / emunand 9.5 and a Gateway. I updated Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (CIA game) to the latest version (1.4) with a CIA (as I can't access eshop and don't own cubic ninja to spoof firmware).

I'll participate in a Pokémon VGC tournament next sunday. The games will be played through local play with other people, which will have for sure the latest sysnand 9.7 firmware.

So, am I taking a risk to get the update nag through local play with my 9.5 emunand n3ds ?

I know there is a risk when the internet is on and the 3ds on sleep mode but dont' know for local play.

Thanks for your answers, gbatempers !

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You'll be able to play local with other people without a problem. The update popup won't overlay your game, as usual if it appears, it'll be after you close / go to home screen.

3. Leslie White
    OP

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Paris
    Ok, thanks, but will the update popup appear for sure if I play with people being on 9.7 3ds ?

4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    No, it seems to be random. Only had it pop up once for me in the numerous times i've lan'd with a friend on latest fw. Doing Poke transfers & smash.

5. Leslie White
    OP

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Paris
    OK, I feel reassured ^^