Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Indeed, See what happened.

The topic derailled (pun intended) to PC vs consoles fanboyism :rofl2:
thats what premature threads are for, when you have a thread about something that doesnt exist (i.e not released) yet that people are waiting for it ends up as a waiting room with "offtopic" chat in it........lets just hope we dont reach page 500 lol

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thats what premature threads are for, when you have a thread about something that doesnt exist (i.e not released) yet that people are waiting for it ends up as a waiting room with "offtopic" chat in it........lets just hope we dont reach page 500 lol
Gateway3ds anyone ? :rofl2:

Reactions: Reecey and Margen67

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, See what happened.

The topic derailled (pun intended) to PC vs consoles fanboyism :rofl2:

And i'm among those who tries to avoid "PC vs Console" as much as possible, i miss the days when computers and consoles were different, like in the 90's, i rather hear a "SNES vs Sega Genesis" over another discussion with PC involved.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shit, I was playing console games on PC since the mid to late 90s... So, PC>All! Providing software and hardware is available.

But yea, I only wrote this cause I'm bored and this thread keeps popping tf up on some dumb stuff. Bortz, you can delete this too if you want.

Really.. ._.

Reactions: Celice and VinsCool

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to know is basically how loadiine was achieved. Meaning I assume there was alot of trial and error, so im wondering if there were any big snags

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really debating on updating to 5.5 just to claim my copy of Windwaker, but I must be strong!!

@gamesquest1 I also agree with your WiiU/PC statement and is the only reason I still stand by Nintendo over the others. I think they know it too, that their differentiation in the games they make will keep them with it.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, getting back to topic and hopefully we'll stop all that PC/console/piracy debates for now.

The information I have for now (please correct me anyone if I was wrong) :

Currently the best firmware to be on to use this Tool when it's out is 5.3.2 since this version has both public kernel and browser exploits.
When a browser exploit for 5.4.0 is public, then you can still use it on that firmware too.
However 5.5.0 is less favorable since its kernel exploit is unlikely to be released soon (unless it got patched on the next firmware).

In the first video test golden45 was using network only, so only a small sized game could be loaded (and still slowly). However now it is confirmed that golden45 has figured out a way to load files through SD. (still the rpx which is like an equivalent of .exe to launch the game, can still only be loaded through network).
Wii U can read sd cards up to 32gb, which is enough for homebrew or a limited amount of Wii U games.
Currently Marionumber1 and his team are working on IOSU exploit, which will enable us to have USB access too, meaning you can use larder HDD and mostly not depend on the network anymore (maybe just in the first time to launch the exploit).

The scene is doing good !
If you are unlucky and got your console updated to 5.5.0 then block the auto-updating now !
both browser and kernel exploits are available for 5.5.0 but they are not public yet. However there's no guarantee a later version will have any exploit.

I would recommend the author to add the stuff that are repeatedly asked about in the first post.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For those who are interested, I just found a Wii U (console only) on firmware 5.3.2 for less than 100 Euro (if you are in UK the shipping will be cheaper, so around 80 euro total)
The seller got 3 more for now :
8iep4r
http://prntscr.com/8ieyqd

Here is the link : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NINTENDO-...Y-/281784902449?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Reactions: rasputin

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pawn Shops here in the US have plenty. I have a friend that runs one, and they have Wii U's & XBOX 360's for about 79$ -- in mint condition. If you are wanting a console for yourself and CAN'T find anywhere else, you can PM me.

Also I am pretty amazed at the number of people working on this, and actually working together. good shit.

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news! Can't benefit from it yet because I messed up something trying to block network access and allowed FW 5.5 to get installed on my system, but I'll be holding off from here on in. To everyone working on this, keep up the good work. Your efforts are most certainly appreciated, and if there's anywhere I can donate to, I'll gladly chip in a few bucks.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news! Can't benefit from it yet because I messed up something trying to block network access and allowed FW 5.5 to get installed on my system, but I'll be holding off from here on in. To everyone working on this, keep up the good work. Your efforts are most certainly appreciated, and if there's anywhere I can donate to, I'll gladly chip in a few bucks.
Might wanna wait until we get something that actually works (not saying these guys are faking it, just being careful).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol