Status
Not open for further replies.

opal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
what if I have wiiu with a FW lower than 5.3.2? Do I have to update to 5.3.2 or the exploit also works on older FW's?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's funny when people say things like that when the WiiU has a lot more exclusives on it than both the PS4 and Xbone combined.

http://www.onlyonconsole.com
It's Funny you are ignoring the important question.

What about the *GIANT* list of games that are: www.AllConsolesButWiiU.com ?
Big list there.
Nintendo is a failing, out of touch company that doesn't seem to care about 3rd party software developers.

Not to mention there will be almost no new games for the WiiU as the NX has been announced.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's Funny you are ignoring the important question.

What about the *GIANT* list of games that are: www.AllConsolesButWiiU.com ?
Big list there.
Nintendo is a failing, out of touch company that doesn't seem to care about 3rd party software developers.

Not to mention there will be almost no new games for the WiiU as the NX has been announced.

So you agree the WiiU is reaching its end of lifecycle. If that's the case then it's fine for us and we want it that way so that Nintendo wouldn't blame us for wanting homebrew.
And Nintendo better luck with your NX. Hope you don't make the same mistakes again with your loyal customers and 3rd party developers.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you agree the WiiU is reaching its end of lifecycle. If that's the case then it's fine for us and we want it that way so that Nintendo wouldn't blame us for wanting homebrew.
And Nintendo better luck with your NX. Hope you don't make the same mistakes again with your loyal customers and 3rd party developers.
You think Nintendo is fine with homebrew because a console (that is less than 3 years old) is reaching the end of its lifecycle? The same Nintendo that is shutting down speedrunning and romhacking channels? https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-closing-rom-hacking-and-speedrunning-channels.397021/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This is fantastic. I bought a Wii U (cheaply second hand) after I heard about Zelda U. Then when they changed the release year and there were rumours about it being for the NX I was pretty pissed off. So I stuck it in a cupboard and forgot about it. Now I'm going to actually be able to use it!!!!

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendo shouldn't be doing these cowardly actions. I have my reasons for wanting homebrew and one of them is Nintendo deceiving me with very few games and underexploited console. So you are, and (probably) every person here.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo shouldn't be doing these cowardly actions. I have my reasons for wanting homebrew and one of them is Nintendo deceiving me with very few games and underexploited console. So you are, and (probably) every person here.
You were deceived by Nintendo with very few (hundreds of) games? You were deceived by Nintendo with an underexploited console? That literally makes zero sense.

Reactions: rufuszombot

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Wii U pottered along for three years with disappointing sales, then piracy is enabled and suddenly they are flying off the shelves?
Wouldn't help it get more games. Wii U has zero third party support and Nintendo, as much as they would be happy to move some units, wouldn't use that as a reason to make better games for it. They have plans with NX and beyond.

Sli 41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's funny when people say things like that when the WiiU has a lot more exclusives on it than both the PS4 and Xbone combined.

http://www.onlyonconsole.com

Hide remasters and games with shit ratings and you end up with 3 games on the PS4 and Xbone. THREE GAMES IN 2 YEARS.

Wtf are the 25m+ PS4 owners playing? Are they really just using their $400+ console for Netflix and Blurays?

I gotta agree with this, it seems silly to complain about the Wii U's library when the actual exclusives on both PS4 and Xbox One are really mediocre. And I do understand not everyone likes PC gaming, but if you have an alright PC it really makes almost no sense to go for PS4 or Xbone right now. Their actual offerings are dull. And this comes from someone who was really into the 360.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You were deceived by Nintendo with very few (hundreds of) games? You were deceived by Nintendo with an underexploited console? That literally makes zero sense.

Well I don't see why you keep asking me questions. The point I was making : If the WiiU is to die soon then it wouldn't harm (Nintendo) hacking it for homebrew.

If you are satisfied with how many games (released this year for example?) for the WiiU, and the console not even being able to read mp3 files from HDD ... then good for you.

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: Margen67

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't see why you keep asking me questions. The point I was making : If the WiiU is to die soon then it wouldn't harm (Nintendo) hacking it for homebrew.
If you are satisfied with how many games (made this year for example?) for the WiiU, and the console not even able to read mp3 files from HDD ... then good for you.
The Wii U is not going to die soon, so your argument is invalid. Even if the NX were to come out tomorrow, Nintendo would still be making games for it for a long time. They may make some poor decisions now and then (like every company/person) but they're not going to alienate all current Wii U owners by immediately stopping the production of new Wii U games.

Also... do more than a fraction of a percent of people really care about the ability to play mp3 files on a console? Anyone who can afford a $200+ console and its games can easily afford a super cheap mp3 player (assuming they don't already have one).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It does make a difference with the non gaming aspects of a console. My family upgraded from the N64 to the PS2 because it could play DVDs and the Wii couldn't. I then never saw a Nintendo console again until the year before last when I heard that my favourite game ever was remade on the 3DS (Ocarina of Time) so I bought one.

Reactions: bache

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does make a difference with the non gaming aspects of a console. My family upgraded from the N64 to the PS2 because it could play DVDs and the Wii couldn't. I then never saw a Nintendo console again until the year before last when I heard that my favourite game ever was remade on the 3DS (Ocarina of Time) so I bought one.
But he didn't mention DVDs, he mentioned mp3s. While the ability to play DVDs is a better argument, it's still not a strong one. Back then, sure, but nowadays DVD players (and even some bluray players) are cheap. And really, anyone who bought a PS4 or Xbox One over a Wii U because of the ability to play physical copies of movies doesn't care that much about the games itself, since there's huge difference between the ones available for each console.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
But he didn't mention DVDs, he mentioned mp3s. While the ability to play DVDs is a better argument, it's still not a strong one. Back then, sure, but nowadays DVD players (and even some bluray players) are cheap. And really, anyone who bought a PS4 or Xbox One over a Wii U because of the ability to play physical copies of movies doesn't care that much about the games itself, since there's huge difference between the ones available for each console.
I would have preferred to continue with the Nintendo thing but I wasn't the one with the money back then. Consoles need features that appeal to parents, also.
Another thing the Wii/Wii U is missing is the ability to be used as a media hub.
Nintendo seems to be a lot like Apple - they want to stay pure and beautiful and easy to use, but then they miss the obvious, like the ability to expand storage with a microSD slot!!!!!!!! Oops, I mean the ability to be used as a media hub... They miss the chance to be the absolute perfect console/phone by failing to have the one super easy feature that people actually want.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah dude, who does nintendo think he is not exploiting their console huh? They should know better. I never understood why they never made their own backup launchers either making the non-paid 3rd party people do it... It's just thoughtless.

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U is not going to die soon, so your argument is invalid. Even if the NX were to come out tomorrow, Nintendo would still be making games for it for a long time.

please show us that great list of wiiu games nintendo has in store for us..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work