• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

WildPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, that's devastating... But something > nothing I guess. What's the maximum SD card the Wii U can read? Can I at least buy a 256 GB SDXC and stick it in that sucker?

WildPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is false. I am using that PNY 256 filled to the brim.
Very nice, I'll snag one up from amazon now...

Also, I just bought a brand new "Skylanders SWAP Force Basic Set" from GameSpot, came with FW 2.1.1 out of the box. Should I update it to 5.3.2 for Loadiine? And if so, wasn't the easiest way to install that exact firmware?

-Pyro

WildPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. 32GB cards are the largest supported cards, by Nintendo. The slot, however, will work with 256GB+ cards.
Nintendo and their crafty play on words :-P

-Pyro

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just update to 5.5.1 Go online and do it
Really? Isn't that the most recent FW to date? I'm always hesitant to update to the latest FW when exploiting systems, you sure it's OK?

-Pyro

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, I'll snag one up from amazon now...
Also, I just bought a brand new "Skylanders SWAP Force Basic Set" from GameSpot, came with FW 2.1.1 out of the box. Should I update it to 5.3.2 for Loadiine? And if so, wasn't the easiest way to install that exact firmware?
-Pyro
To update your WiiU, you will need to find a Game Disc with v5.3.2 on it, if that is the firmware you are wanting.
Just remember... FIRST block the Nintendo update servers!!

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Nintendo and their crafty play on words :-P

-Pyro

Really? Isn't that the most recent FW to date? I'm always hesitant to update to the latest FW when exploiting systems, you sure it's OK?

-Pyro

Yes 5.5.1 IS the latest FW and yes loadline works PERFECTLY with it. Just update to it then kill your network connection OR block the Nintendo servers.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm afraid of... Brings me back to the 3.55 PS3 days and the e-fuse :-/ What FW do you use TimeBomb?
-Pyro
I'm on v5.3.2. Other than online play, eShop access, and the annoying Update dialog, there's not much of a difference between v5.3.2 and v5.5.1. kexploits are different, though.

Timebomb?
Yes?

WildPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks so much for the quick feedback guys. Can't wait to start loading up my SD card with games when it gets here!

-Pyro

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, online play? It's possible to go online on an exploited Wii U?

-Pyro
I'm on 5.5.1. Since this is a very soft mod, it doesn't actually install anything. So when you're done using the hax, restart the system (or goto settings since it reboots kernal) and play with your physical games online. Loadiine itself can't play games online though.

Last edited by Kit Ballard,

WildPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.5.1. Since this is a very soft mod, it doesn't actually install anything. So when you're done using the hax, restart the system (or goto settings since it reboots kernal) and play with your physical games online. Loadiine itself can't play games online though.
Wait, so 5.5.1 is a temporary exploit? I.E. when I restart the system I have to hack it all over again like the PSP 3000 days? Ew, I'm not into that. I'm not going to own any Wii U games and don't care too much to even play online. Want the console to be permanently exploited and only play games from external devices such as SD card and hopefully HDDs in the future, should I still go to 5.5.1?

-Pyro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated