Loadiine GX2

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Cyan, Feb 5, 2016.

Loadiine GX2

by Cyan Feb 5, 2016 at 8:31 PM 1,555,516 Views 5,877 replies
  1. bobino36

bobino36 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    I get "failure when receiving data from the peer" message on the controller when I try to lauch loadiine. I'm on 5.40. I'm self hosting using hfs with the files from sonicblue.

Last edited by bobino36, Feb 6, 2016

2. cowboy619

cowboy619 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Cape Town, Western Cape
    i am hosting the exploit on my android phone. It works and runs the exploit the first time, but when i run it the second time i get this error "could not load file /wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf" it is in that folder

3. dimok

dimok GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2009
    United States
    Right now its not possible since the games are launched with Mii Maker or Smash Bros in use. That means the save would go into the nand position of those apps. Once we have an IOSU exploit, it would get possible.

Without an installed title on the WiiU that gives us kernel exploit and loading of our files it is not possible. For that purpose we would need an IOSU exploit at boot up. From what I heard this is what hykem is creating/having (?).

Are you sure you didnt do some mess up with the save game path or the save game method? I tested saves with both save game methods and they both worked fine.

Thanks. Can you report it on the issue site of loadiine gx2? I will check it out when i got the time.

Oh. I actually didn't try direct streaming but I dont see a reason why it should not work. You could also just place the bgMusic.mp3 in the SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/resources/ folder. This way it replaces the currently used resource. You can also replace other resources like images with that method to create your own small "theme". Positioning might not be correct though if the image sizes are not correct.

Nope. I know of it. Its because we use the MP3 format. I am going to change the BG music to ogg later which allows gapless looping.

Yes you can have both parallel on the SD card.

That was the most important feature :rofl2:!

I am afraid we need to modify the launching meta.xml values for that. Since it is loaded inside the IOSU, currently that is not working. It might also be somewhere in the kernel/user memory area but I didnt find it yet.

Wow that were a lot of questions. One side note while I am at it. Maschell said he is going to work alongside me on this project from now on. I added him as a committer to my github link. So we might get a speed up on the development with him working on it too.

Azeryn, josh87402, markehmus and 7 others like this.
  4. nsky90

nsky90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2015
    Egypt
    Working perfectly. I am on 5.4U and I am self hosting the files using AMPPS.
    I can relaunch it without any problems using Mii Maker.

5. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    So here's a weird little tidbit.

I have a USA console on 5.4.0U, and a launched a copy of Super Mario Maker EUR on it...
    And it works perfectly...
    I didn't even rename the game's files for my system region...

Whaaaaa???

6. cowboy619

cowboy619 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Cape Town, Western Cape
    And how does this help my problem

7. Irastris

May 3, 2015
    United States
    So have anyone created tools to simplify the VC injection process?
    I know there's a converter for NDS roms on a certain website whose name is synonymous to a non-lit inner shadow, but that's all I've heard of.

8. cracingbozo7

cracingbozo7 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    United States
    A Place
    Dang.

9. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    5.5 please

10. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Ask the exploits team, not the loadiine team, without exploit, loadiine can't work for 5.5.

All you really need is the VC game, you copy it in the sd card, replace the rom inside, and that's it.

11. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    ignore me. i got it loaded from wj44 hosting page :)

Last edited by jammybudga777, Feb 6, 2016
  12. Cyan
    OP

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    There is now a single link for ALL wiiU version.
    no need to host one for 5.3.2 and one for 5.4.0, just host the content of the released package and it will work with all compatible versions.

There is a typo in the browser detection in the open beta release packages. Dimok fixed it on github. You might want to use the fixed files if you host the www for other users.

There is, on the other side, two different package : full or SD.
    I guess everybody hosted only the full webkit exploit package?
    I will add the URL posted by users on the previous page to the first post, but I guess it will be full only.
    Nobody hosted the SD package?

that's possible, but not as straightforward than you might think.

we will probably move the save option to the game settings, so it can be set "per game" basis when there will be an individual game setting menu. This way you can have most games set to unique, and a single game set to shared. Is that useful to users?

Secondly, like it's said on the first post, when switching from unique to shared, it's not using the same folder, so you can't just set the option to "shared" to continue your "unique" savegame progress shared with your brother.
    You will have to move the savegame data from 800000x folder to the "u" folder for the "Shared" option to work.
    Unless you are fine with two different progress : a unique, with your own private progress, and a shared with another progress that you play with your brother.

Switching "shared" and "unique" mode can also be used to have two different savegame progress if you have only one WiiU profile. it might work only for games not using the mii as profile (like mario kart, wiifit, etc.)

MattKimura likes this.
  13. gipsan30000

gipsan30000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Please help. i'am using web method? whe i launch wiiu say "Detected wii u firmware version 5.3.2". My wiiu firmware 5.4.0E

14. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    When you say:

The titleID can be found and generated by looking in the meta.xml, last 4 and last 2 digits form the TitleID6.
    <product_code type="string" length="32">WUP-P-AYCP</product_code>
    <company_code type="string" length="8">0001</company_code>
    [AYCP01]

how do we apply this to Virtual console games that have no meta folder to grab the product and company codes? also injected roms?

15. charlieb

charlieb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Hey i want to donate but the donate page is in German, how do i get to do it in English?. Or can i get an email to donate to (via paypal?).

My kids and optical discs dont mix and its a costly exercise replacing discs. I want to encourage the author to keep working on this, and also to say THANK YOU, your hard work is really appreciated.

oumoumad likes this.
  16. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    as there's no TitleID and it's currently needed, you can just create one.
    you want earthbound Snes? [SNES01]
    you want zelda 1 ? [NES001]
    etc.

then create a meta folder with a tga for the icon, and a png in the covers3D if you want a cover.

That's maybe temporary, we haven't thought about it yet.

mech likes this.
  17. Irastris

May 3, 2015
    United States
    As people have said before, you can type whatever you want, like VC0001.
    GameTDB doesn't index Virtual Console titles, so real values are useless.

gbamix and mech like this.
  18. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I finished creating the icons and backgrounds for my N64 virtual console games, decided to share them here for anyone else that needs them.
    Thanks to Datalogger and Blakgem for the tips

I included a few Wii U games I was missing a meta folder for.

This pack contains nothing but TGA files for the icons and backgrounds for those who are missing them. All made from scratch.

Download

Last edited by MattKimura, Feb 8, 2016
    lordelan, Rizzorules, Benuno and 5 others like this.
  19. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Sep 14, 2007
    Canada
    Except GameTDB has many VC titles with box art...

20. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    usually, VC titles are ID4 instead of ID6
    maybe we could add ID4 as possible folder name.

if you really want a cover/icon for the moment, just create a ID yourself. we will see later about that feature.