Loadiine - Can games be launched without internet connection?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Roster, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Roster
    OP

Roster Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    Hello,

When using Loadine GX2, can game be launched without an internet connection if the www folder is put on the sd card? I dont want my wiiu to connect to the internet just in case it gets updated to a newer firmware and risk it.

I know you can host the files on a web server and block the nintendo update servers/use tube hax dns but can loadiine not be launched directly from the SD card with the www files?

my SD card setup is as below:
    wiiu - apps - loadiine_gx2 - loadiine_gx2.elf
    wiiu - games - Mario Kart 8 [WUP-P-AMKE] - (Code, Content and Meta folders).
    saves - Mario Kart 8 [WUP-P-AMKE]
    www - loadiine (14 files in this folder)

Hope that makes sense.

Let me know if you need more details.

2. andriy921

andriy921 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    I disabled internet for my wiiu completely in router (using parental control) and use selfhosting.

3. Roster
    OP

Roster Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    When you say self hosting, how did you self host the files which method? also was it online or offline?

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    There are a couple of threads on the main page with instructions for self hosting self contained sd method using a WiFi sd adapter

5. andriy921

andriy921 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    Local hosting using my phone / laptop. WiiU is connected to me router, but it completely disables internet for console and allows access only to local network. Basically two clicks in parental control.

6. BlumCoLe

BlumCoLe Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Oh come on girl, not again.

RTFM and use the searching function!

7. Moritz

Moritz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2009
    Brazil
    I have my wii u connected to my notebook with wii u lan adapter so I have only a intranet between them.

Enviado de meu Atari usando Tapatalk