Hacking Loader V4.2 now available

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you read the text file that came with the files? There's instructions, and seem as you're missing that one step.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fatsort
biggrin.gif

W

wes

Anyone getting a small green "2" on their "yes" button when trying to upgrade?
Seems like it doesnt update at all.. how long does this normally take?

nevermind, i didnt format as fat16 but as fat32, that was the misstake.

knirfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody know exactly what "data precessing ...,keep power on" means, and why it sometimes does and and sometimes doesn't do it on startup?

Also, how exactly are the icons/games sorted? the date they were created on or something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Data processing (yes, there's an error), it means the G6 is writing the save from the last game you played to the file .0
It always did that, but there weren't any message.

The Firmware 4.2a is buggy, games are crashing.
just downgrade to 4.2 or wait a new version.

The games are sorting with the FAT order, and depends on the size of the files deleted/added. (you delete the 1st game added on the card, the next game you'll add will be on the 1st line)
My G6 not lite is working like this, I dont know about G6L.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Castelvania intro crashes/freezes with 4.2a loader
wtf.gif

I just updated to 4.2a and have only played three games... Brain Age, Phoenix Wright, & Osu Tatakae Ouendan... All three locked up at some point within 5 minutes of playing and they all worked perfect before... I just downgraded back to 4.2... I thinks something is fishy with 4.2a

midget35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Topsy:

I've just upgraded to 4.2 as well- NSMB crashed AND brain age crashes constantly.

These problems never existed before. I'm downgrading too.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm I'm still having crashes with 4.2b now... Brain age locks up every once in awhile still... I whiped the card an reloaded the roms, but same thing... Anyone else still crashing with 4.2b?

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm still having crashes with 4.2b now...  Brain age locks up every once in awhile still...  I whiped the card an reloaded the roms, but same thing...  Anyone else still crashing with 4.2b?

I just left Brain Age running for 2 hours on 4.2B (didn't play GAMES for 2 hours, just a few of them) and it didn't crash.
Try going back to firmware 4.1B, then play Brain Age extensively (if you can...), then see if it still crashes or not.
If it does, then perhaps the G6 PCB isn't secure in the plastic.
Also, try removing the NDS game (or the passcard) from the NDS slot, when you are on the G6 main menu before loading up Brain Age (you can do this on your 4.2B firmware first), and only go back to 4.1B if you still get a crash after removing the cartridge.
(note: don't remove cartridge AFTER loading Brain Age--you WILL crash

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Falkentyne!
smile.gif
You know, I went back to 4.2 shortly after that post and I haven't had a problem since (played Brain age for at least an hour and Ouendan till the battery died)... both loaders 4.2 A&B crash a bunch of games for me... I think A was much worse though then B though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr