Hacking Loader Troubles

wii121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help getting a loader to work. I am using an 8gb sdhc card with 32k clusters (does it need to be 64k clusters?), WAD Manager 1.7, and Dios Mios Lite 2.10 (only have the .wad file). I have tried USB Loader GX 3.0 IOS249, NeoGamma R9 beta56, DML Booter svn r30 HBC pack, and WiiFlow 4.2.

The closest I have gotten is ripping a gamecube disc in GX and it shows up as a "channel" inside GX. When I click it, it goes to the Dios Mios splash screen and it makes a sound like the disc drive is trying to spin. It just stays on the splash screen indefinitely. If I have a gamecube disc in the Wii, it just loads that.

Under DML Booter, it says the name of my game and then ISO, but the same thing happens when I try to load it, splash screen with disc sound and nothing.

WiiFlow did not even see the ISO and acted strange when I tried to rip from disc, just instantly going to 100% and then not detecting the game. Same with NeoGamma, doesn't see anything.

I don't understand .wad files and don't want to brick my Wii. I have several .wad files for DML and tried uninstalling them and reinstalling. How can I be sure to get a fresh start and remove all DM and DML and get the right version?

If all else fails, can I restore the Wii to its previous state with non-buggy gamecube loading from discs only with the original MIOS?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dios Mios only only works with USB
Dios Mios Lite only works with SD cards
You can only have one of these installed because they write over the Mios slot so make sure you have Dios Mios and format to 64 clusters size.

If you have the actual game cube game disc that you wanna back up I suggest Devolution, rip your GC games
with clean rip and follow a tutorial
http://gbatemp.net/topic/330554-devolution-public-release

Devolution gives you a better compatibility then that of DM or DML

wii121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give devolution a try but I'd also like to get this working. I forgot to mention that before I had an 'apploader size is zero' and a config error before. Now there is no error but it wants to only boot from the dvd drive and hangs at the dm splash screen. When I installed usb loader gx, I also installed d2x cios with the guide. I'm very lost now but at least my wii still works.

I wish there was a simple way to see if I have the right dml version, it got very confusing. I installed dml 2.10 from the wad so I can only hope that it was right. Should I try overwriting it with the v10 mios and then trying to reinstall dml 2.10? I also just tried reformatting with 64kb clusters and it made no difference, same dm splash screen and dvd spinning.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give devolution a try but I'd also like to get this working. I forgot to mention that before I had an 'apploader size is zero' and a config error before. Now there is no error but it wants to only boot from the dvd drive and hangs at the dm splash screen. When I installed usb loader gx, I also installed d2x cios with the guide. I'm very lost now but at least my wii still works.

I wish there was a simple way to see if I have the right dml version, it got very confusing. I installed dml 2.10 from the wad so I can only hope that it was right. Should I try overwriting it with the v10 mios and then trying to reinstall dml 2.10? I also just tried reformatting with 64kb clusters and it made no difference, same dm splash screen and dvd spinning.

Remember download Dios Mios 2.10 not Dios Mios lite 2.10
If you dumped your ISO already then use this tool to make it playable.

http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-...e=DiscEX-v0.8-cred.rar&can=1&q=label:Featured

Drag and drop the ISO onto the .exe and wait for it to convert this will eliminate the error you get.
Know where ever the application was there will be a folder with a bunch of letters and numbers (witch represent the games I'd)
Drag that whole folder to your USB in this location.
USB:/games/

This should work with wiiflow now, usbloadergx 3.0 may be the latest revision but does not support Dios Mios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: hehehehe