Seymour1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
bought linker yesterday.

So,with the ez flash client i put games on my card etc. I normaly save when i play games.The problem is when i try to load.I cant cause there is not any load file.I have "Saver" file in the root of mem. card and there are sav. files also of that games i played.but when i start the game i cant load although there are sav. files and i did everything that needs.

Help !

Seymour1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
U mean "add save patch" ? I "patch" every game and it would always create sav. file ,like mother 3.sav and it would be big a few kb.I play game,save.I can load game if I don't turn off the power,when i turn it the saved game isn't there(actually i think it is because there are files in "saver"folder ) .
So I transfer games without "add save patch " option in the ez client.And then it worked.I would play some game,save turn off gba and the turn it on and the saved game would be here .But After a few hours I played it again ,and i couldnt load game (like it was never saved ).And i got many files in "saver" folder so i really dont know what i should do.I tried everything but no luck so far
frown.gif

I am using the linker on gba micro if that matters .

Seymour1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah i used that client to transfer my games.But is there some other way to patch game because i read that this client automaticly patches the game because when i start client i dont see option to patch game.or maybe i am blind ??

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mother 3 requires SRAM patching on top of the english language patch. This makes it to big for the loader to mount in NOR for whatever reason. You can use GBA Exploader to load it to NOR on the EZ-Flash IV, the problem with using that is that it makes a mess of the menu screen for the built in loader.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I am also about to get an EZ Flash IV, and was wondering if you ment "SRAM patching" via the EZ Client, or a user created patch? I also have the Mother 3 english patched version and was wondering what you meant. I will be using a NDS w/ slot 2. What is the GBAExploader anyways?

To OP: Where did you buy the linker, maybe you got a knockoff perhaps?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GBA Exploader is a homebrew NDS loader app that is designed to load and launch a GBA rom on the 3in1 hardware. This isn't emulation.

SRAM patching is converting the GBA rom's save type to use a save type that is more supported, in this case SRAM, thus the term SRAM patching.

Mother 3 uses Flash 512 v131 for a save type. It is not a common save type that is not supported by many flashcarts. Depending on where a person got thier copy of Mother 3 from, it might have been pre patched for a specific flashcart other than a EZ-Flash IV, this is what is called a dirty rom and causes problems for a flashcart that the pre-patched copy wasn't ment for. In most cases you can re-SRAM patch the game and it will work, other times this will not be the case and you will have to go find some other place to get a copy.

The EZ-Flash IV has a client program that can patch a game for you. There are only a few games that require a save file already created via VBA (VisualBoy Advance). Mother 3 is not one of those games, you will however have to delete any save files that were made prior to patching if you tried running and find that the game will not load the save.

This is the EZ-Flash IV client program: http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the client, and the SRAM patch creates a .sav in the savers folder? So lets say I patch and send Golden Sun. The .gba will appear on my minisd, and in the savers a golden sun.sav will be created? Also, I legitimately ripped several of my gba roms and .sav files. Will I need to use the EZ client, or can I just drag and drop the rom, and then the .sav files in the saver folder?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
no. You have to run the game for the flashcart makes a save. ONLY a few games require a save to be made BEFORE you run the game. Mother 3 isn't one of them.

I don't do what if questions, people make up crap about what is said and do it differently and blame it on the "poor" instructions. you either have it or you don't.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I feel like an idiot now
laugh.gif

Just remembered SRAM patching is done with GBAta, as I had to patch Alien Homonid to get it to start up. Sorry if I was being annoying, I now have the knowledge. And I'm not an asshat, as I admit my own mistakes, just to let you know.

Seymour1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I managed to get mother 3 working.I sram patch it and it's working great.Thanks a lot.But that's only game I managed to get working properly so far. I tried to sram patch other games but it is not possible.

Seymour1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
sorry for double post

I solved the problem.Apparentley the problem was in using the micro to mini adapter .Yesterday i bought mini sd card and everything works great.

Thanks for all your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all