Hacking load games from external hdd?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i get instant load times mounting and running my collection of custom xcis from usb hdd attached to dock
i do it thru sx installer mainly so i can get an easy scrollable list
not sure what people mean about it being slow
it’s a self powered wd my book in case that makes a difference

Last edited by snoofly,
Reactions: mikefor20

Dthruking1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get instant load times mounting and running xcis from usb hdd attached to dock
i do it thru sx installer mainly so i can get an easy scrollable list
not sure what people mean about it being slow
it’s a self powered wd my book in case that makes a difference
May I PM you?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down.

SXOS is a decent little CFW. It's got pros and cons. If external loading is that important to you, go for it.

If you do get it though, make sure you ask for the support in the right places. I got banned from a discord server twice for just mentioning it.

I am just telling him, that's all. :shy:

I don't get banned for a discord because I know their rules. Loved discord! :)

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS HDD loading works. People here will lie to you 9 out of 10 times about SXOS. They will try to convince you to use atmosphere. It really is ridiculous. SX OS works great. And the price is cheap. I don't know what everybody is bitching about. I don't care if they stole code from people. The Implement that code well. Better than atmosphere. I run both on my switch but I always use SX OS because it's better. Hard drive loading times are negligible. If they're taking too long you have a crappy hard drive. Can't go wrong with SX OS

D

Deleted User

SXOS HDD loading works. People here will lie to you 9 out of 10 times about SXOS. They will try to convince you to use atmosphere. It really is ridiculous. SX OS works great. And the price is cheap. I don't know what everybody is bitching about. I don't care if they stole code from people. The Implement that code well. Better than atmosphere. I run both on my switch but I always use SX OS because it's better. Hard drive loading times are negligible. If they're taking too long you have a crappy hard drive. Can't go wrong with SX OS
Many people hate the idea of paying for CFW but SXOS provides good tools first before any other CFW. Emunand being on SXOS first sure helped me not worry about my Switch ever getting banned. Saved me $150 from buying a used & scratched up Switch tablet to play online

Reactions: MDashK

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I like the option of launching games from a hard disk while docked, that SXOS provides. Some games I never play in portable mode because the text is too small, or FPS too low for my taste. These games I just copy/paste the xci on my hard disk and launch them like that. XCI files can also include all the patches and DLCs with the help of excellent NSC Builder. No slow down of any kind observed. Everything is smooth!

https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER

Dthruking1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I like the option of launching games from a hard disk while docked, that SXOS provides. Some games I never play in portable mode because the text is too small, or FPS too low for my taste. These games I just copy/paste the xci on my hard disk and launch them like that. XCI files can also include all the patches and DLCs with the help of excellent NSC Builder. No slow down of any kind observed. Everything is smooth!

https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER

I sent you a pm

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Simply THIS!
SX OS > any other current CFW whatever the people say
One day maybe not, but whilst xci mount/load is a thing, SX OS rules afaik
Not trying to dis ATM, it's good, but it simply doesn't have all the features I need

D

Deleted User

I am hearing that tinfoil support loading from hdd in atmosphere.

There is no way to load games from external hard drive outside of SXOS, which we don't even know will ever be updated again or not due to recent arrests.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1