19rsn007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi!

I've done several CFW installs on PSP, PS3, and firmware on my 360 drive in the past and all went fine.
But this is a whole new ballgame.

I have a 3DS here running older firmware, which I would like to do the ntrboot install on.
I have a DSlite here with an acekard 2i so I should be fine, but for the love of me I can not find the firmware/kernel for my 2i so I can use it to flash the 3DS.

Main reason I am scared is that the DSlite and acecard 2i is what my daughter uses to play games and I don't want to mess that up for her.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need to do to prepare the 2i for use with flashing ntrboot on the DS?
and if I've done this, can my daughter still use the 2i on the dslite to play games?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I've done several CFW installs on PSP, PS3, and firmware on my 360 drive in the past and all went fine.

I have a 3DS here running older firmware, which I would like to do the ntrboot install on.
I have a DSlite here with an acekard 2i so I should be fine, but for the love of me I can not find the firmware/kernel for my 2i so I can use it to flash the 3DS.

Main reason I am scared is that the DSlite and acecard 2i is what my daughter uses to play games and I don't want to mess that up for her.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need to do to prepare the 2i for use with flashing ntrboot on the DS?
and if I've done this, can my daughter still use the 2i on the dslite to play games?
What fw is the 3ds on?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!

It can't be used on a DS lite while it's flashed with ntrboot, but as part of the process you'll restore the original firmware after the 3DS is hacked.
However, you don't need to use ntrboot, there are other methods if you prefer. ntrboot can be quite fiddly if you don't have a powerful magnet. Once you're past that though, it's probably the easiest method.

19rsn007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aw man what have i done wrong, I just installed the thing via soundhax and now my DS won't boot without the sd card inserted, but nothing on the menu seems to have changed....now how do I load homebrew stuff and such.
the M4A isn't working anymore

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
my DS won't boot without the sd card inserted
That's normal but there's a workaround if you absolutely can't live without SD-less boot.
how do I load homebrew stuff and such.
Open Download Play, open Rosalina menu by pressing L, down and Select then choose Miscellaneous options... -> Switch the hb. title to the current app., then close and relaunch Download Play.
If you did a factory reset you're likely missing your tickets and need to regenerate them.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Aw man what have i done wrong, I just installed the thing via soundhax and now my DS won't boot without the sd card inserted, but nothing on the menu seems to have changed....now how do I load homebrew stuff and such.
Please, don't do things at random. You were linked to a guide with all the steps to follow. If you get stuck write the issue here and wait for someone to reply, as you could brick your system!

If your 3ds doesn't boot with your SD it means b9s (boot9strap) was probably installed, which is normal for now. In which section and step are you right now?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is normal for the M4A to stop working after b9s+Luma is installed.

You were provided a link to https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) . Did you follow the guide to the end? Because it tells you all the steps you need to do.

ETA: Whoops, three at once.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please don't skip any parts of the guide (and don't use any YouTube/video guides)
After https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup the console will boot without SD and have all essential homebrew titles set up.

Cutting corners or not following the guide to the end can cause trouble

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: fmkid

19rsn007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is normal for the M4A to stop working after b9s+Luma is installed.

You were provided a link to https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) . Did you follow the guide to the end? Because it tells you all the steps you need to do.

ETA: Whoops, three at once.

don't know for sure if I did the "Show NAND or user string in System Settings"
can I still do that? when I try to do the safehax again I get in an error crash screen and need to reboot.
I do however have the homebrew channel right now booting when I select download play.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
can I still do that? when I try to do the safehax again I get in an error crash screen and need to reboot.
I do however have the homebrew channel right now booting when I select download play.
Follow the last part of the guide step by step without skipping anything!
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Follow the last part of the guide step by step without skipping anything!
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
Exactly this…
…and safehax won't work anymore and is not needed anymore since B9S is already installed and Luma is loaded automatically.

By holding (Select) on power on you can bring up Luma settings and toggle the NAND string. It is more or less cosmetic (to show signs of CFW in System Settings).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: 19rsn007

19rsn007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Exactly this…

…and safehax won't work anymore and is not needed anymore since B9S is already installed and Luma is loaded automatically.

By holding (Select) on power on you can bring up Luma settings and toggle the NAND string. It is more or less cosmetic (to show signs of CFW in System Settings).

Ah that is good to know.

As you may notice I am very scared to mess up this 3ds.
normally if I f... something up I would be like bummer but hey not the end of the world, but with the 3ds I am scared because my daughter would hate if it breaks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone