Gaming Little Big Planet on PSP 3000

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PSP 3000 is on 5.03 M33-6 with the ChickHEN mod. I managed to pick up a copy of Little Big Planet today that was miss priced at $10 planning to turn around and sell it again, but this is a game I've been meaning to play eventually. I'm reading all sorts of weird things about it working and not working on M33. Long question short, is there any advantage to having the real copy of this game over the ISO? I know the usual case is no, but does the disc have any features that the ISO doesn't have? And can I even run the game from the disc without it having to update my PSP to something I shouldn't update to?

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.03 GEN-B can play your UMD if Iam correct.
And no it does not have any extra features.
smile.gif

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luriden said:
My PSP 3000 is on 5.03 M33-6 with the ChickHEN mod. I managed to pick up a copy of Little Big Planet today that was miss priced at $10 planning to turn around and sell it again, but this is a game I've been meaning to play eventually. I'm reading all sorts of weird things about it working and not working on M33. Long question short, is there any advantage to having the real copy of this game over the ISO? I know the usual case is no, but does the disc have any features that the ISO doesn't have? And can I even run the game from the disc without it having to update my PSP to something I shouldn't update to?

If you're willing to swap firmwares between OFW and CFW, you'd be able to access the User-Created levels area which you can't access on CFW.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magoo222 said:
Luriden said:

If you're willing to swap firmwares between OFW and CFW, you'd be able to access the User-Created levels area which you can't access on CFW.

That's what I was wondering about. The user-created levels is what I really want to try out and I know several games where you can't access online features with CFW.

I only paid $10 for it but it's still sealed and I was hoping to get $30-40 off of it, hopefully the user-created area is good enough for me to make it worth missing out on that much free money.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to swap to OFW to play it as you need to stay on 5.03 to utilize HEN on your 3000.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosh01 said:
You won't be able to swap to OFW to play it as you need to stay on 5.03 to utilize HEN on your 3000.

So is there no way to play it from the disc then without updating to OFW that HEN isn't compatible with? Or would I have to run an ISO?

One last question, if I CAN get this running from an ISO, is it like Rock Band where it requires that I have the latest OFW before I get online with it? If that's the case, even running from the disc, I still wouldn't be able to download user-created levels since it'll want me to upgrade to the latest OFW, voiding out any chance I have of running HEN in the near future.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not positive on this, but on Dec. 15 when 5.03 GEN-C comes out you may be able to connect online. Right now the game is playable with 5.03 GEN-B witch can be run from HEN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE