Hacking Literally 1 guy get banned and...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We must have been looking at very different threads and news posts at the time.

Is it not a valid response/position? I am still baffled at why people are taking such exception to that post (see also https://gbatemp.net/threads/literally-1-guy-get-banned-and.504978/page-6#post-8003436 ).
Is a valid opinion, but it's also valid to disagree with that opinion, and think it's a waste of time in a section of the forums dedicated to homebrew (and really most of the website is too). If they aren't here for homebrew they really ought to leave. If they want to just discuss games there are other places for that if they don't agree with the homebrew parts

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is a valid opinion, but it's also valid to disagree with that opinion, and think it's a waste of time in a section of the forums dedicated to homebrew (and really most of the website is too). If they aren't here for homebrew they really ought to leave. If they want to just discuss games there are other places for that if they don't agree with the homebrew parts
I did not read it as anti homebrew though and find it odd that people would.

I will state again. I want to see the Switch hacked six ways from Sunday, and if it wants to happen right now then so much the better. At the same time Nintendo should very much seek to ban everybody that would do software fiddling on their Switch, regardless of the nature of said software fiddling and its ability to bother other online players.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not read it as anti homebrew though and find it odd that people would.

I will state again. I want to see the Switch hacked six ways from Sunday, and if it wants to happen right now then so much the better. At the same time Nintendo should very much seek to ban everybody that would do software fiddling on their Switch, regardless of the nature of said software fiddling and its ability to bother other online players.
It's the "good." at the beginning of the statement that essentially makes it at least appear anti-homebrew.

Bogan_Mike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good. Nintendo should ban everyone who has hacked their Switch, even if for offline use.
Well fuck you then.

But seriously though, why do you have a problem with people hacking their console?
I understand hacking online because of CDN piracy and online cheats but, for offline though? I just dont get it.

Hacking for offline use is completely harmless.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's a valid comment. Since what we've seen a lot are people can't just keep their grubby hands of cheating in online. So I wouldn't mind people getting banned for playing with pirated copies personally.
You're ignoring the "even if for offline use." which is what makes it seem silly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All the more reason I'm holding off for a long enough amount of time before I feel comfortable enough to consider possibly hacking my Switch. Like at this point I very well might not even do it, it just depends on how things play out.

Just switch homebrew just came out. We still dont know the specifics of how they detect hax.
So if you want to remain safe, dont fuck about with nintendo's CDN or edit your saves.
If nintendo banned people for RCM homebrew, there's be ALOT more bans than just 2 guys if that was the case.
Just use common sense.

Reactions: nanova

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 people, total of 2 people have been banned and WE ALREADY GOT A THREAD ABOUT THIS!
typical, there's always gotta be somebody going ''there's a topic about this already!!!'' when I bet you it isn't fully related to the OP. Why does it offend you guys so much? Like I made a threat long ago and there was a guy who said the same thing but it turns out it had nothing to do with my topic. So i was in the clear, so it just goes to show that people are just reaching and want to complain. calm down.

Reactions: Don Jon

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
typical, there's always gotta be somebody going ''there's a topic about this already!!!'' when I bet you it isn't fully related to the OP. Why does it offend you guys so much? Like I made a threat long ago and there was a guy who said the same thing but it turns out it had nothing to do with my topic. So i was in the clear, so it just goes to show that people are just reaching and want to complain. calm down.
The same day, 4 topics. Guess why the fuck I was pissed? Try to figure out why I typed that before trying to proove me something.

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Gimme a freaking break, that was years ago, dude, get the hell over it already and quit digging up the past FFS. If you can't grow up and get over what happened in the past, fine but that's on you.
Real mature digging up the skeletons of the past, that's an effective way to converse. If you insist on digging up the past and grasping at straws, then piss off.

He probably doesn't even have a Nintendo console, his opinions are invalid, just like the guy who tried to call me out on a past action, what a whiner.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to seriously upset you.

Carry on dude.

Reactions: the_randomizer
D

DeletedMember411838

It is their opinion. Albiet a super unpopular one in these parts, especially in a discussion category they seem to disagree on as a whole. But a valid position nonetheless.

It's also probably the way they just posted it really bluntly in the first page of the thread. Because how they phrased it could be taken out of context.

It could mean: Nintendo bricking your Switch.
Or it could mean: Nintendo banning you for hacking it for offline use. Which, like you yourself stated, is what they meant and I still don't agree with it.
Like why would they want Nintendo banning us for hacking it exclusively for offline use? How would it benefit them at all?
One less hacked Switch? Ninty observing their right to do so? To make hacking better in order to counter it? Less piracy? Because they just hate hackers in general? I get the cheating aspect and I am against online cheating, but it's offline and it makes that argument rather moot.

Yeah they have the right to express that opinion and it is a valid position, but they really should elaborate as to why so we can get a clearer picture. Otherwise it is a waste of time to just post it here and run without any elaboration. This is a forum after all.

The thing is, if your intention is offline only, the a ban has absolutely zero effect on you. If anything a ban would be better, then you can update your games and such freely, something you can't do with an offline only switch.

I don't think they should ban the eShop, and your ability to buy games ECT. However I agree, if you hack your switch your console should be banned from online play, period.

You are against online cheating, alot of people hacking are not. Furthermore, the ability to go online and cheat has a strong appeal to those knowing they can with no consquences.

Nintendo, and every other game company has proven, it's not that easy to always catch online cheaters, or prove they are cheating. The easier way, would be to just stop it at the source, if the console has the means to cheat, it isn't allowed online. I think a better option would be a block, that prevents online while the console is hacked, and if returned to stock Online returns (without the previous save files OFC)

Of course that opionion will fall on deaf ears here, half the community are self admitted cheaters. Whether they feel doing things like hacking Pokemon are cheating or not, not relevant it is, and most here partake.

BTW I am Pro hacking, Anti cheating, and own 2 switches so I can hack one, worry free. I will gladly allow them to ban mine, shoot I may even write CS and say ban this please. Then I have no worries about going online to update my games ECT.

Last edited by ,

carlito1095t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, if your intention is offline only, the a ban has absolutely zero effect on you. If anything a ban would be better, then you can update your games and such freely, something you can't do with an offline only switch.

I don't think they should ban the eShop, and your ability to buy games ECT. However I agree, if you hack your switch your console should be banned from online play, period.

You are against online cheating, alot of people hacking are not. Furthermore, the ability to go online and cheat has a strong appeal to those knowing they can with no consquences.

Nintendo, and every other game company has proven, it's not that easy to always catch online cheaters, or prove they are cheating. The easier way, would be to just stop it at the source, if the console has the means to cheat, it isn't allowed online. I think a better option would be a block, that prevents online while the console is hacked, and if returned to stock Online returns (without the previous save files OFC)

Of course that opionion will fall on deaf ears here, half the community are self admitted cheaters. Whether they feel doing things like hacking Pokemon are cheating or not, not relevant it is, and most here partake.

BTW I am Pro hacking, Anti cheating, and own 2 switches so I can hack one, worry free. I will gladly allow them to ban mine, shoot I may even write CS and say ban this please. Then I have no worries about going online to update my games ECT.

I agree with those viewpoints and many of the vocal minority on here would agree too. What you typed is all that was needed. Proper elaboration on the viewpoint. The user that started this whole discussion within the thread made it sound like they have a vendetta against hackers as a whole. Gotta make those viewpoints clearer or risk getting backlash.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just switch homebrew just came out. We still dont know the specifics of how they detect hax.
So if you want to remain safe, dont fuck about with nintendo's CDN or edit your saves.
If nintendo banned people for RCM homebrew, there's be ALOT more bans than just 2 guys if that was the case.
Just use common sense.

Like I said though, I'm in no rush at all. I could mess around with homebrew on my Switch at the moment, but I'm in no rush at all to do that at this time. I'm still having far too much fun with all the games I legit own on my Switch. In a year or two I'll take a look at the scene again and reevaluate, but again for now, I'll just keep on without any homebrew or the like on my Switch and watch what does or doesn't happen from the sidelines.

Sonic_Mobian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. Nintendo should ban everyone who has hacked their Switch, even if for offline use.

Your including those who hacked there 3DS from the start of it to Luma 3DS Users into it too not just those who owns a Switch.

And I cheat in Offline Single Player Games, What you gonna do about it? The NPCs are not gonna cry me a river or tell me I cheated and report me for playing unfairly because they are not real! There just npcs with codes they follow they cannot think on there own.

In 2018 it's impossible for a Non-Player Character to act human and learn on there own and think on there own in a virtual environment, You can give them the illusions they think they are learning and adapting but they are not real Artificial Intelligence. They Follow a Code of Instructions created by a Coder of a Developer. But that's as far as I know sense coding is not my strong area, But that's only like 1 part of a Coders life though there is other stuff a Coder can do than just give a npc instructions.

For me I am in the unpopular opinion minority of the Internet for how I think that Online Cheaters should be banned for not playing fair but those who cheat offline in SP Games I sympathize them and allow them to cheat offline. As long as it stays offline.

So yea, I condone cheating offline, But I strongly do not condone cheaters online if I find them doing it online and not offline I will report them.

Cheating offline i could accept cause that means u suck at playing games and want to beat it.

Just because someone cheats offline does not mean they suck. Cheats are meant for messing around not just for beating the game. Beating the game once fairly and then cheat on your second play-through is acceptable. You beaten it fairly so what's the issue in cheating after you beaten it without cheats? Makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Sonic_Mobian,
D

DeletedMember411838

Your including those who hacked there 3DS from the start of it to Luma 3DS Users into it too not just those who owns a Switch.

And I cheat in Offline Single Player Games, What you gonna do about it? The NPCs are not gonna cry me a river or tell me I cheated and report me for playing unfairly because they are not real! There just npcs with codes they follow they cannot think on there own.

In 2018 it's impossible for a Non-Player Character to act human and learn on there own and think on there own in a virtual environment, You can give them the illusions they think they are learning and adapting but they are not real Artificial Intelligence. They Follow a Code of Instructions created by a Coder of a Developer. But that's as far as I know sense coding is not my strong area, But that's only like 1 part of a Coders life though there is other stuff a Coder can do than just give a npc instructions.

For me I am in the unpopular opinion minority of the Internet for how I think that Online Cheaters should be banned for not playing fair but those who cheat offline in SP Games I sympathize them and allow them to cheat offline. As long as it stays offline.

So yea, I condone cheating offline, But I strongly do not condone cheaters online if I find them doing it online and not offline I will report them.

Just because someone cheats offline does not mean they suck. Cheats are meant for messing around not just for beating the game. Beating the game once fairly and then cheat on your second play-through is acceptable. You beaten it fairly so what's the issue in cheating after you beaten it without cheats? Makes no sense to me.

The glaring issue here is, what you just said.

"I am in the miniroty that likes to cheat offline". For most, they will cheat online. Sometimes not at first, first they cheat offline, and satisfy that instant gratification, then they decide well I could do this online as well.

This is why, I don't agree with Pokemon Genning for online play. And the excuse "Well if they didn't make it so hard" OMG, cry me a river, I play HC MMOs you think a day of grinding for a Pokemon is bad, LOL.

Go play WOW, where you will be lucky to get a piece of gear a month that is an upgrade, and that's spending tons of time, daily to get it. Think that's bad? Go play Archeage, there you will spend months of time, fight murderous RNG, and most likely spend RL money to still not even get close to the best gear in the game.

Online games are about time investment, you should be rewarded for the time that you have invested. Skipping that, is 110% cheating.

Last edited by ,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The glaring issue here is, what you just said.

"I am in the miniroty that likes to cheat offline". For most, they will cheat online. Sometimes not at first, first they cheat offline, and satisfy that instant gratification, then they decide well I could do this online as well.

This is why, I don't agree with Pokemon Genning for online play. And the excuse "Well if they didn't make it so hard" OMG, cry me a river, I play HC MMOs you think a day of grinding for a Pokemon is bad, LOL.

Go play WOW, where you will be lucky to get a piece of gear a month that is an upgrade, and that's spending tons of time, daily to get it. Think that's bad? Go play Archeage, there you will spend months of time, fight murderous RNG, and most likely spend RL money to still not even get close to the best gear in the game.

Online games are about time investment, you should be rewarded for the time that you have invested. Skipping that, is 110% cheating.
Basically if you think an online game is hard, you just need to get good lol. "I'm not good at this game, so instead of playing and practicing to get better I'm just gonna cheat to get better instantly with no real skill"
Do people actually think pokemon is a hard game?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've never enjoyed Nintendo as a company. Their games are too cut and dry for my taste. It's always Mario Mario Mario, Zelda Zelda Zelda, or some weird and quirky game that I don't care for, the only game I cared about was Splatoon 2. Which I played and beat. I mainly play PC games. (I'm not a PC elitist) it's just my preferred way of playing. I get Nintendo's breakthrough for portability. I just can't be arsed to cough up $300 for only 3-4 hours of game time off of it's stand.
You could invest in a power brick if you were away from a mains supply for a while and really needed to be have a 4+hr gaming sesh
but what I’m more curious about is why someone who dislikes Nintendo, their main IPs and never plans on buying a Switch bothers investing
any of their time posting a Nintendo Switch hacking forum.

D

DeletedMember411838

Basically if you think an online game is hard, you just need to get good lol. "I'm not good at this game, so instead of playing and practicing to get better I'm just gonna cheat to get better instantly with no real skill"
Do people actually think pokemon is a hard game?

Well IDK about hard as much as they complain about breeding Pokemon being time consuming.

However if you don't have the time, don't play the game. It's the age of instant gratification, no one wants to earn anything, or work for anything. They want it, they want it now, and they want it without any labor.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well IDK about hard as much as they complain about breeding Pokemon being time consuming.

However if you don't have the time, don't play the game. It's the age of instant gratification, no one wants to earn anything, or work for anything. They want it, they want it now, and they want it without any labor.
The age of instant gratification and extreme entitlement. "I paid for the game so I should be able to play it how I want, even online".
Legit have seen someone say that about online cheating in things like splatoon.

Reactions: DeletedMember411838
D

DeletedMember411838

The age of instant gratification and extreme entitlement. "I paid for the game so I should be able to play it how I want, even online".
Legit have seen someone say that about online cheating in things like splatoon.

Oh I believe it, I play alot of MMOs and I have legit seen people say WOW is Pay to Win, because you have to buy the game and pay a sub fee. So you have to PAY to Win. The world has lost its mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1