Hacking Liteon Flash Problem

rise98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a liteon drive in my phat xbox 360. i opened it and connected it to my pc with the probe 3. once i turned the xbox on though the drive wouldn't start up, i checked all the connections and everything was fine. so i put the xbox back together and when i turn it on i can't hear the drive turning on and the disk tray won't open. did i burn out the drive or something what happened?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if the connections are loose since it might not be receiving any power, it should at least turn on if it is so worst case you fried it best case the cable became loose.

rise98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hooked up the probe in the wrong way then yes you possibly have fried the board.

yea i did smell a mechanical burning smell coming from the board somewhere.

oh well i guess there's no way of fixing it, live and learn. would be my luck i guess seems like a 1 in a million lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's your Dash version?

You could RGH it if it's under 14719 (or keep it on 15572 until something has been found)

If you don't want a RGH and want XBLive then you can recover your DVD key with the RGH..

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you have the DVD key?
If not then no.

The only way to retrieve it is to either solder on the flashchip of the drive to another drive or to RGH it and retrieve the key.

Or buy a whole new 360.

rise98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well ill probably just find a cheap xbox on ebay or something. i have the hard drive, wires and controller, all i need is just the core system.

time to say goodbye i guess. had this xbox for 4 years. had the best of times playing on it been good to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill