Hardware Lite-On main board burned

giovany86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, yesterday i bought a "for spare parts" xbox 360 in a cash converter fir 10€, today i took it apart and the previous owner seemd to have misplaced the power cord of the drive, except that the xbox work fine, so my question is, it is possible to fix the main board of the drive (it's a Lite-On DG-16D2S) ?

Here are pics of the board
acx1e8jAI9_N6y1VkyUtedPz5NHkcsX8lxXwoPCDlZ3gSq3G1nPICvP6Fe_9snV-hpdCHxopgZYyE-a2ZU67=w1920-h943-rw

cjVWaxVUt-_cqsnqFNzJ8UaEoqm1S3w4hET6aDCzJgM-FG41Iq9dX1e7bR_mMjBraemJ0LYEF4bRuwA5BI9o=w1920-h943-rw

Last edited by giovany86,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is it burned? There was a flame trick for certain drive models to put it in a mode to get the keys needed for flashing (kamikaze mod I think it was). Save you looking up it mostly involved grinding away some of one of the chips and toasting the hole with a lighter. If it is looks like that.

Anyway assuming the DVD is toast you will want the DVD keys and either a replacement drive or replacement board (sadly the DVD drives are tied to the 360 they came from by way of keys, said drives did also verify game discs so you could add a custom firmware to the drives and play burned discs). The best way to get those keys in your position is to RGH the machine. If you have RGHed the machine though then you might as well use it as that instead (it gives you homebrew, ability to load things from onboard hard drives (which can be any size), USB hard drives, install XBLA and DLC, ability to do LAN games over VPN, modded games, all sorts of nice hacks for controls and whatnot....), though online will not work in a useful capacity if you care about that. If it is that model of liteon then it is probably a later model motherboard as well which is nice and thus has the potential to be a nice setup in the end.
Without the DVD keys then best you can hope for is online still works thus you can download XBLA and GOD games, and then you could possibly install a drive to view DVDs.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-hack-your-360.334203/ for your next steps in modding it.

giovany86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have backed up the keys but i can't write the drive :/ (Writing the new firmware never finish) and when i try the drive in the 360 with a game it say it's a dvd x)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol