duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mojang -> 2K Games
Rovio -> Code Masters
Frozenbyte -> Splash Damage

...wait, this was supposed to be bad news?

Uh... based on what you just said it is bad news...

You know this sign > means that what is to the left of it is greater (I assume better in this case) than what is to the right of the sign.

And in your illustration, you have the companies missing (from the European PS4 developers list) as the greater companies than those that have been added. Assuming you look forward to the PS4, then your question of whether this is bad news should be quite clear especially since you seem to live in Europe.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You know this sign > means that what is to the left of it is greater (I assume better in this case) than what is to the right of the sign.

And in your illustration, you have the companies missing (from the European PS4 developers list) as the greater companies than those that have been added. Assuming you look forward to the PS4, then your question of whether this is bad news should be quite clear especially since you seem to live in Europe.

Pretty funny joke, chuckled a bit, 7/10.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

That's not what an arrow mean. "->" does not equal ">". I meant replacing Mojang, a company of one game for 2K, a company with a constant stream of games. Rovio, meaning Angry Birds, with Code Masters, a company with traditions stretching to DOS times and earlier and Frozenbyte - upstarters for Splash Damage, a studio with very notable games in its library.

I'll replace the symbols with words to make it clearer for future readers, I suppose my point wasn't clear if you got confused.

Reactions: Scuba156

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what an arrow mean. "->" does not equal ">". I meant replacing Mojang, a company of one game for 2K, a company with a constant stream of games. Rovio, meaning Angry Birds, with Code Masters, a company with traditions stretching to DOS times and earlier and Frozenbyte - upstarters for Splash Damage, a studio with very notable games in its library.

I'll replace the symbols with words to make it clearer for future readers, I suppose my point wasn't clear if you got confused.

well I'm unfamiliar with people using the arrow sign like that to illustrate one company as better than another especially given the confusion it can cause since an arrow -> looks like a greater than sign. (I just disregarded the dash, as it wasn't reading as an arrow to me, and even if I did read it as an arrow, I don't read arrow to mean what came before it as better than what follows). Sorry, this is just my lack of knowledge on every type of symbolism that is used on the internetz these days.

D

Deleted_171835

Developer lists such as these for any console shouldn't be trusted. Wait until you see some concrete information about games in development from devs.

Splash Damage instead of Frozenbyte?
what?

Have you not played any of the Trine games? Frozenbyte is a great dev.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I'm unfamiliar with people using the arrow sign like that to illustrate one company as better than another especially given the confusion it can cause since an arrow -> looks like a greater than sign. (I just disregarded the dash, as it wasn't reading as an arrow to me, and even if I did read it as an arrow, I don't read arrow to mean what came before it as better than what follows). Sorry, this is just my lack of knowledge on every type of symbolism that is used on the internetz these days.

images

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Developer lists such as these for any console shouldn't be trusted. Wait until you see some concrete information about games in development from devs.

what?

Have you not played any of the Trine games? Frozenbyte is a great dev.

I thought the Trine games were alright but nothing spectacular.

Although I would take them over Splash Damage who haven't done anything really good. I mean like... Doom 3 and Brink? Next please.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so are they more intimidated by the fact it uses an x86 CPU as opposed to an IBM Cell with a PPC architecture? If so, then :lol:

Sorry Sony, but your system wasn't as big as triumphant as you'd hope it to be, not that I care.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Sony, but your system wasn't as big as triumphant as you'd hope it to be, not that I care.

So we're already talking about the aftermath of a console that's had one conference revealing some of it and that won't come out for months?

Oh GBAtemp, never change. XOXO, Guild.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow, so are they more intimidated by the fact it uses an x86 CPU as opposed to an IBM Cell with a PPC architecture? If so, then :lol:

Here's a curveball for ya.

Provided Microsoft also goes full-x86, this architecture will become the dominant "platform" for programming games for. PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 and PC games will freely port around and third-party will be all over it happily since it lowers production costs, allows for simultaneous development for numerous platforms and in the end, quicker releases and Nintendo will be the odd one out with their WiiU. It also allows for rapid library development, so game physics as we know it will get a massive boost... on x86, that is - the WiiU will have to wait a while for all the new things to be ported over.

...all of a sudden third-party support shrinks since porting something from x86 to the custom Espresso takes far more development time than porting from one x86 to another x86... problem?

Reactions: p1ngpong

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a curveball for ya.

Provided Microsoft also goes full-x86, this architecture will become the dominant "platform" for programming games for. PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 and PC games will freely port around and third-party will be all over it happily since it lowers production costs, allows for simultaneous development for numerous platforms and in the end, quicker releases and Nintendo will be the odd one out with their WiiU. It also allows for rapid library development, so game physics as we know it will get a massive boost... on x86, that is - the WiiU will have to wait a while for all the new things to be ported over.

...all of a sudden third-party support shrinks since porting something from x86 to the custom Espresso takes far more development time than porting from one x86 to another x86... problem?
Pst... your fanboyism is showing again foxi ;-)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pst... your fanboyism is showing again foxi ;-)
*Isn't a fanboy, grew up on Nintendo consoles, never bought a Microsoft product (Literally. Never. Not once. Not even in OEM form), the only gaming-related Sony product he ever bought "new" to support the company is a PSVita*

OKAY. :D

joelv6

Neku
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I_love_this_show_lol_by_sliverwolf018.jpg

back to the topic: either way, sony will get more developers later on after launch so I'm not too worried at this point

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
*Isn't a fanboy, grew up on Nintendo consoles, never bought a Microsoft product (Literally. Never. Not once. Not even in OEM form), the only gaming-related Sony product he ever bought "new" to support the company is a PSVita*

OKAY. :D
Relax, I'm just teasing. :lol:

The official list of developers isn't that important. What's important to know before the launch of a console are launch day games and launch window games. However, I do find it strange that they even released a list of PS4 developers. I don't recall them doing that with their other consoles, and it makes me wonder if they're trying to reassure people concerned with the state of the Vita that they have good developer support on their next generation home console. Perhaps it's to do with all the propaganda/concern surrounding the Wii U's third-party support; they could be trying to win potential consumers over who are considering the Wii U but holding out for more games.

Reactions: Qtis and Foxi4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
back to the topic: either way, sony will get more developers later on after launch so I'm not too worried at this point

Hypothetical-
For a console that is not already out and presumably you or none of your friends have invested in (or even if you managed to preorder could probably get it back without issue), is not backwards compatible and where there are likely to be viable alternatives in a similar timeframe, what grounds could you possibly have to be worried about anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill