Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

Shadow3515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install MARIO party is doesn’t even promt me to start game. It ask me to download

Attachments

• 8443741D-DA6B-4690-8A50-70538686497F.jpeg
    8443741D-DA6B-4690-8A50-70538686497F.jpeg
    732 KB · Views: 292
  • A11D3D4E-278F-48BF-B06A-BB075809385C.jpeg
    A11D3D4E-278F-48BF-B06A-BB075809385C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 249

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My kid loaded up Splatoon 2 and tells me it’s downloading an update. I luckily grabbed it in time and went into settings data management and just deleted the game.but I’m sure the update is probably still fully downloaded.

Last edited by laz305,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What firmware is required for Fire Emblem Three Houses?
I can confirm that one can install it on firmware 7.0.1, using the latest signature patches (June 20th) on Atmosphere 0.8.9, using GoldLeaf 0.5.

Do note that I had to download the NSP file from two different sources because the first one gave an error which produced and "Invalid NCA..." error during installation, which does refer to wrong sig-patches or low firmware, but it did not make sense to me that the base game gave this error yet its update was installable. A good dump should install on firmware 7.0.1.
Usually I only use NSP backups created directly from Nintendo servers, but these may take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks to appear, and I wanted to try the game sooner.
I will re-download the CDN backup later when it is available, to have a reliable backup.

Spoiler: The font size is terrible on handheld mode. And I fucking hate the stupid girl with the stripper hat!

Last edited by starburst,
Reactions: Francesca

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does any game currently require an update to 8.0 or can I remain on 7.0 even with the new releases?
I think a few do (Fire Emblem, Crash Nitro Racing e.g.?) but especially updates need it (most recent Smash update and so on).
You can patch stuff with Goldleaf to work on 7.x although I really don't get it why ppl are still camping on 7.x since there's absolutely no need. Updating with ChoiDujourNX goes within seconds and has no downside at all (all CFWs support 8.x).

Reactions: Gui_br

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
American Fugitive 1.0.5 and Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes require 8.0 (for second one somewhere is available patch for 7.0)

If you will try to run them under 8.0, they will crash

Fire Emblem and Crash are working under 8.0 if you use FW ignore function in goldleaf and tinfoil

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Gui_br

Gui_br

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I think a few do (Fire Emblem, Crash Nitro Racing e.g.?) but especially updates need it (most recent Smash update and so on).
You can patch stuff with Goldleaf to work on 7.x although I really don't get it why ppl are still camping on 7.x since there's absolutely no need. Updating with ChoiDujourNX goes within seconds and has no downside at all (all CFWs support 8.x).

Thank you! My switch is still "virgin" and the reason I'm holding on 7.0 is because of Sciresm telling this is going to eventually have an RCM free boot. I plan to hack my switch soon and will update without burning fuses then

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you! My switch is still "virgin" and the reason I'm holding on 7.0 is because of Sciresm telling this is going to eventually have an RCM free boot. I plan to hack my switch soon and will update without burning fuses then
You already can. Turn on AutoRCM in hekate to avoid burning fuses permanently (unless you update via Nintendo's "official way" through system settings).
Create a NAND backup of your 7.x sysNAND, then use ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.x (ChoiDujourNX enables AutoRCM again after installing a FW).

Romreactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, is their an update to this post in regards to what CFW and games are supported when updating with CDNX. What games can I play on the latest stable version for it without burning fuses? Reason why I am asking is because I really wanted to play Astrol Chains and Links Awakening but I don't know the required Firmware for those games and I don't want to mess up my current hackable Switch which is on firmware 4.1.0 and is a supported hackable model.

Will appreciate any responses and thanks =)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, is their an update to this post in regards to what CFW and games are supported when updating with CDNX. What games can I play on the latest stable version for it without burning fuses? Reason why I am asking is because I really wanted to play Astrol Chains and Links Awakening but I don't know the required Firmware for those games and I don't want to mess up my current hackable Switch which is on firmware 4.1.0 and is a supported hackable model.

Will appreciate any responses and thanks =)
This thread isn't really about the minimum required firmware version for backup launching, at least according to OP. It also has not been updated in over a year so this is definitely not the place for that type of information anyways. The cherry on top is that there are tools that can not only check the minimum firmware a game requires but subsequently patch it to that firmware. One such tool is NSC_Builder

Romreactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread isn't really about the minimum required firmware version for backup launching, at least according to OP. It also has not been updated in over a year so this is definitely not the place for that type of information anyways. The cherry on top is that there are tools that can not only check the minimum firmware a game requires but subsequently patch it to that firmware. One such tool is NSC_Builder

How can NSC Builder be used to play Astrol Chains and Links Awakening on system firmware 4.1.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can NSC Builder be used to play Astrol Chains and Links Awakening on system firmware 4.1.0?
I never said they can be. In fact, I would guess they need at least firmware 8.0 but that's just my hunch. I was saying that you can use NSC_Builder to check the required firmware version for both games then use the same tool to patch them to their required firmware version whatever that may be.

Reactions: Romreactor

Romreactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said they can be. In fact, I would guess they need at least firmware 8.0 but that's just my hunch. I was saying that you can use NSC_Builder to check the required firmware version for both games then use the same tool to patch them to their required firmware version whatever that may be.

I see, so if I use CDNX to update my system without tripping fuses to 8.0, once games come out even if they go beyond their required firmware I can bring it back to what ever that was. So forexample the new Zelda Breath of the wild copies all require 8.0, but I can use that tool to bring it back to 4.1.0 and even earlier?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so if I use CDNX to update my system without tripping fuses to 8.0, once games come out even if they go beyond their required firmware I can bring it back to what ever that was. So forexample the new Zelda Breath of the wild copies all require 8.0, but I can use that tool to bring it back to 4.1.0 and even earlier?
Well with ChoiDujourNX, you can downgrade your firmware. However the reasons the new Breath of the Wild copies require higher firmware versions is because they come bundled with the latest updates.

Reactions: Romreactor

Romreactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well with ChoiDujourNX, you can downgrade your firmware. However the reasons the new Breath of the Wild copies require higher firmware versions is because they come bundled with the latest updates.

Downgrading isn't really a big deal as I will do a full Nand back up before updating with ChoiDujourNX to 8.0. I simply just want to play Astrol Chains and Links Awakening without updating to the cartridge firmware and tripping fuses. Do I need the games purchased to use NSC Builder to check their firmware requirements before launching them or updating to the required firmware version with ChoiDujourNX?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading isn't really a big deal as I will do a full Nand back up before updating with ChoiDujourNX to 8.0. I simply just want to play Astrol Chains and Links Awakening without updating to the cartridge firmware and tripping fuses. Do I need the games purchased to use NSC Builder to check their firmware requirements before launching them or updating to the required firmware version with ChoiDujourNX?
No, you just need a copy on your computer since NSC_Builder is a computer program not a homebrew application. You will also need a set of Switch keys which can be obtained legally with Lockpick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1