[List] Games required Firmware version

B4rtj4h Oct 5, 2017.

1. nash13

nash13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    Indonesia
    If i want to play original game cart octopath traveler which is only playable on fw 5.0.2 (I'm on fw 3.0.2 now) Can i update fw from the game cart itself without update fw online?

And after that if i have finish the game, if i want to play game with cfw, i still can hack my switch or not?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Yes, you can update with the game cartridge without connecting to the internet. You can also use ChoiDujourNX to update to any system version offline. If you use ChoiDujourNX to upgrade and install AutoRCM, you can also keep your fuses from being burnt, allowing you a downgrade path. However, this method requires you to keep AutoRCM installed indefinitely.

Since your Switch is vulnerable to the RCM exploit, you will forever be able to launch RCM payloads, no matter the system version. As of this post, CFW is compatible with every system version except 7.0.0.

3. Eds89

Eds89 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I see Rocket League needs 4.0, but wondering if anyone can confirm if this is also true for the collectors edition?

4. Staark

Staark Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Does anyone know what version Trials Rising requires?

5. mikeniccy
    This message by mikeniccy has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Mar 2, 2019.
    Mar 2, 2019
  6. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    Trials Rising base works on 6.20 for sure idk about after any update.........

7. j0hnnyj0hns

j0hnnyj0hns GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2016
    United States
    Super Mario Deluxe U 4.1.0 or no?? My switch hasn't been modded or updated since i got it and i'm wanting to buy that game if it works on 4.1.0

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can you post a pic showing installed on 4.1.0 please :)

8. michaelpatko

michaelpatko Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2018
    United States
    I am on OFW 4.1.0
    I am using SX OS 2.5.3
    I used XCI cutter to split Civilization 6 into 4GB pieces.
    I installed it via SX OS, and it said successful.
    Won't launch.
    Does it require a FW higher than 4.1.0?
    Thanks y'all

9. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    I don't know for sure what the required FW is, but comparing the release date for the Switch version with the Nintendo FW update history, it's pretty safe to assume that the game requires atleast 5.1, and possibly 6.0.

10. RampageZA

RampageZA Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2019
    South Africa
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

11. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Why is this thread alive? The OP doesn't even care to update the list

12. XTRIPLEX_EOL

XTRIPLEX_EOL Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2019
    Spain
    In nswdb dot com you can check the required firmware version for each game.

This thread is useless and out of date.

13. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    Yep, you are totally right!!!! That site is awesome!!! First game I check with the site and it doesn't tell me **** about the FW requirement...

Yes, brilliant indeed...

Alright, just needed to get that out there. I've checked a few other titles for the heck of it, and FW requirement shows up just fine for those.

element6 and einhuman197 like this.
  14. Shadow3515

Shadow3515 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    I used SX dump to back up MARIO party and MARIO kart. When I try to play it is asking me to update and MARIO party when I click start game it ask me to update too.

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    What firmware are you on?

16. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    im waiting to hear what ffx needs.

17. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    On Darkumbra they're saying that Asian version leaked works on 6.2.0.

18. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney Chemtrail Pilot

Apr 18, 2013
    New Zealand
    on the cool side of the pillow
    Does anyone know the required FW for Katamari Damashii Encore (Japanese version of Katamari Damacy Rerolled, which has a physical release)?

19. element6

element6 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    element6 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Miami, FL
    As everyone else has already said,

Why is this thread wasting space in the stickied threads area of this subforum?

Created: Oct 5, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018

Then we have this abandoned Wiki page: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Switch_games_firmware_requirement
    ... and this thread that doesn't seem to be up to date anymore: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cartridge-information-collection.492311/

If we aren't going to maintain the Wiki page (or use it at all) and aren't going to keep stickied threads updated, I don't think they should be taking up space and confusing people with incomplete data. No offense to the creators/contributors at all. I think we can all agree that the original intent of these 3 resources was awesome and helped quite a few people when the information was valid and up to date.

The complete listing of releases on nswdb is readily exportable to xml. Why don't we make use of the abandoned wiki page by at least importing the data we need from a current xml list and allow people to update the wiki page with any comments or notes?

20. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2017
    Germany
    My thread lost its reason when RCM hit the world.
    Everyone knowing what they do was aware that RCM was here to stay for everyone that was fast enought to get an unpatched unit.
    For everyone else it always was "stay as low as possible" and by that time BBB started to add FW versions to their releases.
    The cardridge problem could not be solved as they can not be distinguishing from the outside packaging. The code was broken, too.

With RCM came the "you bricked my switch" crowd and everyone else had enought to figure out how to handle this.

The wiki is new to me, but I see a use in the listing of "Req. FW" "Bypass FW" "Repack FW". I never used bypass'ed or repacked games so I don't know if there is a better source for this.

In defence... At some point there were 30+ games released every day and I had no intention on spending an hour or two every day just on adding them. :lol:

Anyway, I agree. Our threads are of no use anymore.

element6 likes this.
  21. element6

element6 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    element6 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Miami, FL
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to call anyone out! Just wanted to get the mods attention so that they could "un-sticky" this thread was all.

The threads have a lot of good info in them, I just felt that there was no reason for this particular one to be stickied. I'm looking for a way to do a bulk edit and submission of the current wiki page atm.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted