Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that http://nswdb.com/ tells you what firmware each game is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

These are all 5.x games
OCTOPATH.TRAVELER
Fallen Legion: Rise To Glory
MotoGP 18
Fushigi no Gensokyo
The Mahjong
LEGO The Incredibles WB Games

Reactions: lukhart

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
any chance to remove the updates from xci files? would be great to be able to stay as low as possible for software vuln

baldman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Wovelon

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
European version of Octopath Traveler can be dumped with version 4.1.0, but has 5.0.2 update on the cartridge and definitely needs 5 to start.

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I'm hanging on to my copy of Octopath Traveller until my 3.0.2 Switch gets emunand =(

Patience. Is. A. Virtue. --- do I really believe that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that http://nswdb.com/ tells you what firmware each game is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

These are all 5.x games
OCTOPATH.TRAVELER
Fallen Legion: Rise To Glory
MotoGP 18
Fushigi no Gensokyo
The Mahjong
LEGO The Incredibles WB Games
!summon @B4rtj4h

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this the trend then? If a game requires a higher FW then we're screwed for now? I'm fine with updating my FW to play newer games but it looks like I got to get banned in the process since I'm on SX OS...

BeerDad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The new games (july) needs firmware 5.x.x. For anyone with SX OS that wants to update without burning efuses, just update from a pure NAND (without any hack) and before the system restart, hold VOL + (with JIG) to enter RCM. Make a backup of this new firmware too with heckate then Inject SX OS, activate auto RCM, and you´re good to go without burning Efuses. I did this with mine 4.1.0 Switch and now I´m on 5.1.0 without burning efuses and playing Sonic Mania, Octopath Traveler, etc.

*Don´t let the system boot in original firmware after the update!!! This will cause the efuses to burn. That´s why you hold VOL + with the jig inserted.
** After the update and you entered RCM DONT FORGET TO TURN YOUR ROUTER OFF, otherwise when you boot with SX OS the system will connect via WIFI and you risk sending info to N. Turn router off, clear internet settings and enter airplane mode, after that you can turn your router ON again.

Last edited by BeerDad,

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new games (july) needs firmware 5.x.x. For anyone with SX OS that wants to update without burning efuses, just update from a pure NAND (without any hack) and before the system restart, hold VOL + (with JIG) to enter RCM. Make a backup of this new firmware too with heckate then Inject SX OS, activate auto RCM, and you´re good to go without burning Efuses. I did this with mine 4.1.0 Switch and now I´m on 5.1.0 without burning efuses and playing Sonic Mania, Octopath Traveler, etc.

*Don´t let the system boot in original firmware after the update!!! This will cause the efuses to burn. That´s why you hold VOL + with the jig inserted.
** After the update and you entered RCM DONT FORGET TO TURN YOUR ROUTER OFF, otherwise when you boot with SX OS the system will connect via WIFI and you risk sending info to N. Turn router off, clear internet settings and enter airplane mode, after that you can turn your router ON again.
Can you never boot into og firm, or just this once?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol