Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Need update! Just bought Rayman Legends can run normally at my Switch version is 2.2.0.
Thanks for confirming!
So Rayman Legends is one of those <3.0.0 games, good to know :)
That leaves only Lego Worlds and Minecraft to be confirmed as to what version they come with.

goomboozle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a Mario Odyssey cartridge on 2.3. There seems to be no on-cart forced update for me like some people have mentioned. Maybe I got an earlier version of the cart or something?

japoks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I'm on 3.0.0 I'm planning to buy the Zelda explorers edition. I read from a reply on this post that a Zelda game cart updated his system to 3.0.1. Anyone here tried Zelda explorers cart if it works on 3.0.0? Thank you

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, the console has been offline since I put the game in for the first time. Is being online a requirement for this list? Also, I can post proof, but what's the best way to do so with a picture?
From what I've gathered, if you don't setup your Switch to an internet connection, you can bypass the required update for certain games, though Im not sure which ones.

One clear example of this is Doom.
You can run Doom without the 7.7GB update if you dont have an internet connection setup on the consome.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very strange things that I read here... some I really don't buy a 100%.
Doom does not run on a Switch lower then 4.0.0.
Zelda does run (unpatched/ not updated) on any version of the switch. However: when you install a update that also means you install the check to require at least 3.0.1.

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade 2's the game breaker for me. Hopefully it doesn't require certain FW versions - I'd get the cart version just for homebrew.

MarcoMartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Today I also bought a physical copy of Zelda BOTW together with a Switch, it had fw 3.0.0 and when I inserted the game a message appeared saying that I must do an update before play (didn't do it so don't know what version it needed to run).

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.