Homebrew linux ds

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
What Rydian said. But basically, DSLinux is proof that a low powered hardware can run a fully functional version of linux with basic multi-tasking, media playback, web browsing and other stuff you would require a PC to do.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right now it's as much as ten times faster than other browsers (such as Bunjaloo or the on-board one in DSOrganize), however you gotta already know a thing or three about linux to use it apparently. I.E. it's not noob friendly.

I'm considering trying it again once I get a slot-2 device, as apparently that greatly improves functionality.

But when that time comes I'm gonna need a "dumbed-down from the wiki" how-to.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSLinux wiki should be easy enough to understand for anybody to get the hang of it. I still use DSLinux for its multitasking capabilities, so that I can browse the web and chat on IRC at the same time, for instance. You just have to get used to the idea of everything being called from the command line. Also take advantage of tab-completion with filenames, as that helps out quite a bit.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay, I plan on sometime next week or so ordering a 3in1 to go with my AK2.1 (with AKAIO 1.5.1, natch)

Exactly which file should I download for dslinux, as there appear to be several on the webpage.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiki explains which version you want to download, and how to extract the file once you've downloaded it.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but the wiki answers a TON of questions, so it's good to get into the habit of checking it for answers first.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And I don't mean to be a dick, but as I've said before, it really doesn't.

I've tried to run it once on my DS w/out a slot-2, and got literally nowhere following the Wiki, as it would do nothing I typed in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.