Homebrew linux ds

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
What Rydian said. But basically, DSLinux is proof that a low powered hardware can run a fully functional version of linux with basic multi-tasking, media playback, web browsing and other stuff you would require a PC to do.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right now it's as much as ten times faster than other browsers (such as Bunjaloo or the on-board one in DSOrganize), however you gotta already know a thing or three about linux to use it apparently. I.E. it's not noob friendly.

I'm considering trying it again once I get a slot-2 device, as apparently that greatly improves functionality.

But when that time comes I'm gonna need a "dumbed-down from the wiki" how-to.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSLinux wiki should be easy enough to understand for anybody to get the hang of it. I still use DSLinux for its multitasking capabilities, so that I can browse the web and chat on IRC at the same time, for instance. You just have to get used to the idea of everything being called from the command line. Also take advantage of tab-completion with filenames, as that helps out quite a bit.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay, I plan on sometime next week or so ordering a 3in1 to go with my AK2.1 (with AKAIO 1.5.1, natch)

Exactly which file should I download for dslinux, as there appear to be several on the webpage.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiki explains which version you want to download, and how to extract the file once you've downloaded it.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but the wiki answers a TON of questions, so it's good to get into the habit of checking it for answers first.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And I don't mean to be a dick, but as I've said before, it really doesn't.

I've tried to run it once on my DS w/out a slot-2, and got literally nowhere following the Wiki, as it would do nothing I typed in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...