Linus Tech Tips is imploding right before our eyes

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what this is all about. I only watch an occasional video of theirs if it looks like something interesting. Seems like any other tech youtuber. Linus said something about not shipping a video card back fast enough?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why all the hype? Most "reviewers" (cof, cof, scammers) get paid to say wonders about a product: "Sponsored content included".

I'm not saying LLT is a saint but on the contrary, LLT is just one of the huge quantity of "crap content creators" on YT framing viewers and promoting junk products.

The channel should get closed once and for all.

impeeza

Ā”Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It all kicked off when Gamers Nexus uploaded a video codemning bad practices by LTT, including poor accuracy in their testing, unethical behaviour regarding affiliations and just a general lack of responsibility to the audience and community..

Linus himself responded in an emotional forum post on his own site where he basically came off as lacking maturity and perspective.

Gamers Nexus released another video where Steve was visibly shocked and confused by how Linus handled it and the internet agreed and went ballistic.

Linus Media Group was forced to formally acknowledge the situation and various members of the team, including the new CEO, appeared in a new video to properly address the outrage. Corporate Damage Control 101..

Just as it seemed they might be able to make it out of this, even though they have lost hundreds of thousands of subscribers at this point.. this bombshell dropped..

A former employee by the name of Madison has spoken up about her ordeal with the company's toxic workplace and how it left her with severe mental health issues - to the point where she cut her own leg open so she could get away from work. Her allegations include sexual harrassment and bullying.

I has been telling that for years, that guy is a crock, their "opinions" are merely pay commercials, they tips are bad, they knowledge is bad at least, normally it show how low knowledge have by telling lies. etc.

But this "me too" post will reduce the reality and change the point of view of some people.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, there's are not many experiences in the world that could compare to the pleasure of watching Linus suffer. It just brightens your day.
Sorry I couldn't resist posting this after I've read your reply lol

6402f4d15bcfbdab80f23715d4c1cf6b.jpg

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all kicked off when Gamers Nexus uploaded a video codemning bad practices by LTT, including poor accuracy in their testing, unethical behaviour regarding affiliations and just a general lack of responsibility to the audience and community..

Linus himself responded in an emotional forum post on his own site where he basically came off as lacking maturity and perspective.

Gamers Nexus released another video where Steve was visibly shocked and confused by how Linus handled it and the internet agreed and went ballistic.

Linus Media Group was forced to formally acknowledge the situation and various members of the team, including the new CEO, appeared in a new video to properly address the outrage. Corporate Damage Control 101..

Just as it seemed they might be able to make it out of this, even though they have lost hundreds of thousands of subscribers at this point.. this bombshell dropped..

A former employee by the name of Madison has spoken up about her ordeal with the company's toxic workplace and how it left her with severe mental health issues - to the point where she cut her own leg open so she could get away from work. Her allegations include sexual harrassment and bullying.

something tells me the sexual harassment part is an exaggeration.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This might sound a bit insensitive, but...are we just supposed to take Madison's word that this happened to her?
If we don't ask for actual evidence, and just 'take people at their word', then it devolves into he-says-she-says, and if we arbitrarily decide to just 'believe' one over another (again, without evidence of events), that's just subjective bias.

All claims should be viewed with doubt and skepticism, until we're given evidence that suggests, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the claim was true. Our justice system was based on the presumption of innocence, and automatically declaring one party guilty because of an arbitrary characteristic of the other is flat-out injustice.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'sn't it LTT who made the "download more ram" meme or someone else,becaus if it is thats the pinnacle of technological incompetence)
The download more ram meme started in 2004 it originates from an apple user, back when having up to 512mb of ram max was the norm.
The meme is obviously older than you

The download more ram website has existed since 2007

wiiu20603

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All claims should be viewed with doubt and skepticism
I doubt your claim and am skeptical of it, too. Can you prove that all claims should be viewed with doubt and skepticism?

In all seriousness, this isn't a court of law. We don't need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I doubt your claim and am skeptical of it, too. Can you prove that all claims should be viewed with doubt and skepticism?

In all seriousness, this isn't a court of law. We don't need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.
So what, we should just believe her claim that she was discriminated against and that LTT are assholes, just because she's a woman incriminating a group of men?
In that case, why shouldn't we just believe Linus when he says that nothing of the sort happened? It's all the same 'logic' in the end.

I'm doubting both claims, as should be logical.

captain_obvious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once watched part of a video about audio grade transistors (or something along these lines), scrolled down to the comments section and to paraphrase one of the most liked comments: "I'm an engineering student and this video is parroting false information which speaker companies want you to believe..."

I lost faith in Linus Tech Tips at that moment.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I watched Linus YT videos it was purely for entertainment because if I were to make a purchase, I'd do my own research.

Love watching videos featuring Riley:

It reminds me of the old Machinima days.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto