Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Links for DSLinux now with graphics support

Web browser

links.jpg
Links, a homebrew web browser for use on DSLinux now has support for graphic rendering. Please note: You will need a slot-2 RAM pack such as an M3 Perfect or Supercard (non-pro/rumble).

To start Links with graphic support inside DSLinux, just type: "links -g" without the quotes.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Anyone has a video of this web browser in action? or someone can make one.

To run this, what do we need? Help will be appreciated. BTW I dont have Linux on my machines so possibly compiled will be better
rofl2.gif

Thanks

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sigh ... I sold my M3 Lite. But I got a PSP for those 75 Euros I got from the sale (plus my savings, of course) and Links2 on PSP is million times better.

DS for games, PSP for multimedia & internet. Hooray.

Genoil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It will run on a DSLinux-DLDI build with the Opera RAM pack inserted too, but in the current release it will slurp up the available memory quite fast (and therefore crash).

Then again, using that setup you might just as well use Opera DS for graphical web browsing, since you would own the card and it performs much better than links -g.

On EZ5-3in1 you also get 8MB extra in DSLinux, so that would work too. The DLDI build however doesn't work flawless on all devices, but on R4 or M3DSS you're fine.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't work for me, it says that there isn't a host and Beup works fine...

By default, Linux for DS does not use any of the WFC configurations. So configure it first. I don't feel like explaining Vi (go learn it anyways) so just do most of this in Windows before you copy the folder over or with the sd/cf card with it inserted.

In the linunx/etc folder there is a file called rc.defualts. Copy and paste that into the same folder and give it the new name rc.conf. Open this file with a text editor. The entire file is explained but just to be quick, if you want to use a wfc configuration, just search for wfc_config="" and put a 1, 2 or 3 in the quotes for whatever configuration you want to use.

If you want to attempt to start wireless on boot automatically, there's a line in your rc.conf file for it.
Code:
enable_network_on_boot="NO"
Obviously just change that to YES.

You can also configure your own settings in here if you want as well some more things like hostname. Be sure to go through the file and configure it to your liking.

To start wireless up manually in DSlinux, type "/etc/rc.d/network start".
To stop wireless up manually in DSlinux, type "/etc/rc.d/network stop".

EDIT:

Something I didn't know about is that there is a kind of connection wizard in the ram build of DSlinux. Enter "wnc" and it will pop up and allow you to simply choose your wfc through that and start your network, among many other options.

Click for larger size

As you can see, it's not pretty. Most of the text got cut off and if I move to a seperate section of the page, it becomes pretty much unreadable. Stick to DSOrganize, Opera, or the text browsers in DSlinux.

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually I just figured out what my question was..

Where does the "linux" folder need to be placed and where does the "dslinux.nds" need to be placed so that they can find each other.

Ive tried multiple things and they haven't worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would celebrate, but this is one linux distro that is too hard for me to understand/ too lazy to want to really understand it. I personally enjoy being able to pick something up (especially when it comes to handhelds) and start using it. So, I'm probably going to stick with DSO. Just waiting for a non-alpha release to come out.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0lQEFgunI

Walkthrough:

You have to have a slot 2 with ram. Download this (http://www.gbatemp.net/downloads/homebrew/nds/dslinux-ram.tgz) and open it in 7-Zip or something and install it to your SD card. Download this (http://www.box.net/shared/770g52r0ig), now open the rar file and put "links -g" in "linux/usr/bin". Now boot up linux, type "wnc", choose “WFC”, Choose your wifi settings, it should set the connection up, now type "links -g". Press “ESC” to bring up the menu, choose “File”, then you can click "Go to URL”, type your URL in and hit "Ok". You can then touch the "K" icon in the upper right corner to switch between mouse and keyboard you use the d-pad to move to links.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...