Gaming Link's Awakening + OOT Trailer

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Disturbed1 said:
The idea of games should never be to help collectors make money off the rarities that they hoarded, rather for as many people as possible to enjoy them.

Then games should be free? Then everyone could enjoy them!

You may like to paint me as a "hoarder", but I have sold many games for far more than I paid for them over the years.

It may not be a consideration for you, which is fine, but my rent doesn't pay itself.
Then don't buy it?
After all, you already have it on the GBC.
You make it seem like you absolutely have to buy it.

At which point did I say this? You may like to consider quoting it back to me, as I can't recall writing that.

My only argument is that the orignal games will likely loose value. Which would not concern you if you do not own them. It is a fair point and a valid point.
For a noob kid with no older games or a pirate who downloads everything, I can understand that it would not be a concern. But there are more people in this world than just noobs and pirates. If you can't tolerate a view that differs to your own, may I suggest that you try to learn to do this.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Disturbed1 said:
The idea of games should never be to help collectors make money off the rarities that they hoarded, rather for as many people as possible to enjoy them.

Then games should be free? Then everyone could enjoy them!

You may like to paint me as a "hoarder", but I have sold many games for far more than I paid for them over the years.

It may not be a consideration for you, which is fine, but my rent doesn't pay itself.
This is why I self-pirate, the only form of piracy I condone.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I must say, I checked the eShop this morning, and it was alright... after E3, around 12 hours later, it's packed with stuff.

Good job, Nintendo. Also, congrats on the outstanding conference today.

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn Links Awakening still isn't out in Ireland
frown.gif
It better be out when I wake up
biggrin.gif

I never played Zelda on Gameboy but I loved the DS versions... I played Super Mario Land on the Gameboy though and I have €7 on my 3V card and Im not sure if I should get Zelda or Mario... What do you guys think?

D

Deleted User

watex5 said:
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

I never played Zelda on Gameboy but I loved the DS versions... I played Super Mario Land on the Gameboy though and I have €7 on my 3V card and Im not sure if I should get Zelda or Mario... What do you guys think?
If you never played Link's Awakening you should definitely get it. It's my favourite handheld Zelda game (I finished it again last year on my GBC), which makes me think I might get this version even though I already own the original cartridge.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I get paid the day OoT comes out, so I'm guessing it will be a weekend of Zelda for me in a couple of weeks.
I will pay for this, even though I completed the cart of the GB version on my GBA last year, and have been steadily working through all three GBC Zeldas on MEBoy on my phone.

How good does it look on the 3DS? Is it scaled up, or boxed?

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
I get paid the day OoT comes out, so I'm guessing it will be a weekend of Zelda for me in a couple of weeks.
I will pay for this, even though I completed the cart of the GB version on my GBA last year, and have been steadily working through all three GBC Zeldas on MEBoy on my phone.

How good does it look on the 3DS? Is it scaled up, or boxed?
I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard that it plays scaled up by default and you can force it to play in its native resolution by holding start or select when booting it same as with DS games, and when you do that it puts a gameboy themed border around it.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Dylan said:
Pity I don't have a credit card. Wouldn't mind this. Considering I can play it free on my SC2 $9 is a little bit painful though.
You know you can buy eStore credit from retailers like EB and GAME without a credit card don't you?

$9 sounds reasonable to me. That's less than a large combo meal from a fast food shop.
Saying it's expensive because you can pirate it for free isn't really a valid argument.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
spiritofcat said:
Dylan said:
Pity I don't have a credit card. Wouldn't mind this. Considering I can play it free on my SC2 $9 is a little bit painful though.
You know you can buy eStore credit from retailers like EB and GAME without a credit card don't you?

$9 sounds reasonable to me. That's less than a large combo meal from a fast food shop.
Saying it's expensive because you can pirate it for free isn't really a valid argument.

Yeah but not till the end of the month. Dude don't get all high and mighty on me. It might not be the most morally correct argument but like most of the people on this forum i don't care much for morals when it comes to stuff like this. Might not be much to you but wait till you're out of high school and your parents won't pay for everything anymore.

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
Takeshi said:
watex5 said:
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

If you never played Link's Awakening you should definitely get it. It's my favourite handheld Zelda game (I finished it again last year on my GBC), which makes me think I might get this version even though I already own the original cartridge.

I have €7 left on my 3V Card (prepaid visa card) and the minimum I can add to the store is €10... Guess Im getting Zelda and Mario!

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Dylan said:
spiritofcat said:
Dylan said:

Yeah but not till the end of the month. Dude don't get all high and mighty on me. It might not be the most morally correct argument but like most of the people on this forum i don't care much for morals when it comes to stuff like this. Might not be much to you but wait till you're out of high school and your parents won't pay for everything anymore.
Wait 'till I'm out of high school? I finished year 12 in 2001 and moved out of my parents' house when I was 21.
Even when I was in high school my parents didn't buy games for me.
Link's Awakening is one of my favourite Zelda games and since my parents wouldn't buy me a Gameboy back in the day this is the first chance I've had to show my appreciation for it by buying it instead of pirating it on an emulator.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I tried pausing the game and firing up a gamefaqs guide through the Internet Browser on the 3DS and it works like a charm! Of particular note is that the top screen fits more legible text by width that I can see on my HTC Desire without scrolling left and right, which is brilliant!

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
A large combo meal is a finite object. They sell you that combo meal and then if someone else wants one they get the materials and make another.

The game however is 13 years old and being ran through an emulator. The only costs Nintendo has are the initial emulator development and bandwidth. Bandwidth is most definitely low and I doubt the cost of development for the emulator is high. They sell as many copies as they want without much cost to them. The pricing for games also varies for no reason since one emulator would cover them all assuming that gb/gbc use the same one otherwise 2 prices would work. Then there is the fact that almost all of these can be had for free through a flashcart or by other emulation handheld or not.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
QUOTE said:
A large combo meal is a finite object. They sell you that combo meal and then if someone else wants one they get the materials and make another.

The game however is 13 years old and being ran through an emulator. The only costs Nintendo has are the initial emulator development and bandwidth. Bandwidth is most definitely low and I doubt the cost of development for the emulator is high. They sell as many copies as they want without much cost to them. The pricing for games also varies for no reason since one emulator would cover them all assuming that gb/gbc use the same one otherwise 2 prices would work. Then there is the fact that almost all of these can be had for free through a flashcart or by other emulation handheld or not.

To be fair, the hard copy runs for 10-12 dollars average. 6-9 dollars is STILL cheaper than buying the real thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?