Hacking Link to Backup Channel wad?

GnatGoSplat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a link to the Backup Channel wad install file for 0.3 gamma? I am trying to find it for someone, but having no luck. It was already pre-installed on my Wii, it says GBATemp.net on it with a black background and some green text or graphics.
I am NOT looking for the .dol files to execute Backup Loader from Homebrew Channel, I already have that and can find it easily.

I have been Google searching for it for a great long time and gave up after page 20, so this is not from lack of searching. So far all I've been able to find are YouTube links, links to old threads on this site with older versions (of which I have skimmed many pages hoping to find updated links), links to discussions with no download links, links to torrents (can't download torrent from my location), etc. The Search on this site is Google driven and is pulling up the same results, it's frustrating.
frown.gif
Any help will be appreciated.

GnatGoSplat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, looks like that's an old version, 0.2, and not a channel.
I did find one here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123034
It's a newer version, gamma 002, but his link is broken, I get "The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.".

Oh yeah, the one I have also loads the disc automatically and requires holding down B to get to the main menu. I'd like to get one that does the same if possible. I don't really care what the channel image looks like, but just FYI mine says GBATEMP.NET and has the same logo the guy with the controller face as the banner on top, and also plays music. I have no idea where it came from because my Wii already had it pre-installed. I don't suppose it's possible to copy a channel from Wii memory to SD card, is it?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Come on this forum is full with WAD Channels and you couldn´t find one !?
And if you click on Forum there is the search for the forum not on the main page
wink.gif

GnatGoSplat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Come on this forum is full with WAD Channels and you couldn´t find one !?
And if you click on Forum there is the search for the forum not on the main page
wink.gif

Actually, I did find ONE and it's a broken link. No indication whether it auto-boots the backup either.

Yeah, I found that search box, but go ahead and try searching for "backup channel". 54-pages of results, I checked the first 5-pages, none of the subjects mention anything about Backup Channel, and I checked a few threads that I thought someone MIGHT have linked to one and nope, nobody did. The Backup Loader thread is there, but 24-pages of results and almost every post has the word "channel" in it, but not referring to a "Backup Channel".

I know I'm lazy, but I'm not that lazy. I did put some time into searching. Well over an hour, nearly 2 now. Maybe I am a sucky searcher, but I did search.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you just need to know how to search, you need to get more specific... first result when i searched "gamma channel wad"

baboom

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115706&st=0

thread of gamma channels with wad's and pics!!

when searching throw in as many terms as you are looking for.. I.E. "gamma channels with autoboot 002 fix" .. instead of just backup loader as that will return ALL things backup loader, from help, to releases, to installing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2