Hacking Lil scared to softmod a wii

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
If I can make a suggestion, use Wiiflow, it's by far the nicest looking USB loader, and I've never yet found something that another loader could do better (ok, the RB2 DLC piracy award goes to uLoader, but other than that...). If you install Wiiflow to your USB drive, it will also store all of the settings and coverart to that same drive, so everything is contained to a single drive rather than split between the SD and USB. Also, USE FAT32 FOR YOUR HARD DRIVE. You can use Wii Game Manager to convert your .iso's to .wbfs files using the option "Create .wbfs files with subdirectories" (using subdirectories keeps things nice and organized), and then you can choose whatever split size you want (I prefer 4GB, because it means fewer files). .wbfs files go in the folder USB:\wbfs. If you are wanting to rip your games from the discs you own, I've never tried ripping directly to .wbfs files on a FAT32 drive, so I can't suggest a way of doing that. I always rip with CleanRip, then convert the .iso to .wbfs using Wii Game Manager. It might take a bit longer, but CleanRip is the fastest and most stable ripper out there.

shadow100z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i installed used modmii it gave me the option for usb loaders and i chose both wiiflow and cfg. But i can only acess cfg, so i guess thats the only one that got installed. On the harddrive there are files for wiiflow though.

Another question for modmii. When u said modmii cleaner is that just to clean up the files on the computer or the wii, because i ca't see no option in the hombrew channel for it.

shadow100z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS80v6944[FS-ES-NP]
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS249[56]-v21d2x3
* cIOS250[57]-v21d2x3
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* IOS58-64-v6176
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf
Notes: IOS58 is required to launch apps from an SD Card and hard drives formatted as
FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4. It also supports meta.xml arguments
and is able to launch apps with direct hardware access.
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
hello so im new to this thing of softmod too and im afraid of bricking my wii.. i just want to play back up games... and here is my questins...

wth is a ios, cios, all that things... could someone explain all that to me?

and if my wii bricks during the process of modmii, can i unbrick it?

if anyone could help me explaining all this, i could give you my msn over pm if it helps...

thx

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
MaxNuker said:
hello so im new to this thing of softmod too and im afraid of bricking my wii.. i just want to play back up games... and here is my questins...

wth is a ios, cios, all that things... could someone explain all that to me?

Read the Complete Sofmod Guide

QUOTE(MaxNuker @ Mar 27 2011, 06:21 PM) and if my wii bricks during the process of modmii, can i unbrick it?

if anyone could help me explaining all this, i could give you my msn over pm if it helps...

thx

Modmii WONT brick your wii.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
shadow100z said:
when i installed used modmii it gave me the option for usb loaders and i chose both wiiflow and cfg. But i can only acess cfg, so i guess thats the only one that got installed. On the harddrive there are files for wiiflow though.

Another question for modmii. When u said modmii cleaner is that just to clean up the files on the computer or the wii, because i ca't see no option in the hombrew channel for it.

if u want to use wiiflow, u can launch it from the HBC. The forwarder channel on your sys menu will launch wiiflow, but if ur hard drive has configurable usb-loader also saved on it, it will launch that instead. If u want the forwarder channel to launch wiiflow instead, rename your apps\wiiflow folder to apps\usbloader

u can see what the forwarder channel looks for first in the following part of your guide

CODEThis is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the official wii settings have parental controls, and cfg usb loader (maybe even wiiflow, not sure) has controls to 'hide' games on your hard drive, so no children can access the games of your choosing

but in my opinion, the best parental control is just parental supervision
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China