Hacking Lil scared to softmod a wii

shadow100z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all done. I had an extra wireless g router kicking around so i added it to my existing network. I didn't really want to change my settings on my othr routers. and i didn't want to connect my wii to my other routers either because the key would take to much time to type in it. I also set it up for my dsl's, they can only run of wep.

I put a toggle switch on the router so i can turn it on and off quickly when not using the internet.

Everything is good to go. thanks everyone again and esp you XFlak

jaydeekay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If you have priiloader use the block online updates hack. Trust me you will be glad you do..... "

That & block disc updates are the 2 best things you can do to prevent someone from accidentally updating the system & erasing all your work.

shadow100z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok for when the kids use the wii this is what i go done.

games are run though cfg usb loader. gmaes re wbsf file format loaded with wii backup manager
disc update block enable
online update block enable
parental controls enabled

and wii is setup on it own router which is turned off for the most part, but can be switched on when ever i need to use it.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect. the only other thing that would be useful is to set up the parental controlls in the USB loader so as to disable a large number of options such as delete game ect. I know wiiflow can do that so I'd assume so can CFG loader.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hells Guardian said:
Perfect. the only other thing that would be useful is to set up the parental controlls in the USB loader so as to disable a large number of options such as delete game ect. I know wiiflow can do that so I'd assume so can CFG loader.
if he used the ModMii Wizard or ModMii USB-Loader set up guide to download cfg usb loader, ModMii adds a few lines to the config.txt putting requiring a password to delete games and a password to format the hard drive.ModMii Guide* IMPORTANT NOTES ON DEFAULT SETTINGS:
------------------------------------

Two potentially dangerous features have been locked:
1) The ability to remove/delete games
2) the ability to format a hard drive.

To unlock these features, while in the configurable USB-Loader menu, hold '1' for 5 seconds, then enter the password to unlock these features. The password is 'AAAA', you can change the password/settings by using the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader. Hold '1' again for 5 seconds to lock the USB-Loader again (or it will lock automatically again once you exit the USB-Loader).
alternatively, you can modify these settings using the configurator for configurable usb loader (SD+USB:\usb-loader\CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe), when asked to load files, say yes. After making changes, be sure to save the changes (install all files button near bottom right of window).

shadow100z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i noticed that. going to keep it that way to. All my games adding and removing can be done on the pc. thanks again

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
screw this.. i dont know if i should try or not... if i brick it i'll be most likely f*#ked up... as im just 14 years old and i cant pay for a new wii whatsoever... xD

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your choice, but people younger than u have successfully used ModMii, if u give up that might be a major blow to your ego
wink.gif

seriously, u'll be fine
biggrin.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that bit I never new that modmii made those changes.

Also I'd say go for it. as long as you don't install anything risky you should be fine and modmii isn't risky. Also if you have an older wii then you can use the bootmii Boot2 replacement and have that much more protection from a brick.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither of those should break your wii... I've never seen a case of a bricked wii just for installing either of those two things.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
so... i just dont wanna brick it.. would suck :S
if someone can guarantee me that it wont brick and its safe.. i think that with bootmii @boot 2 + nand backup i can recover from any brick right?

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker: Basically. I can never guarantee that you won't brick your wii, just as I can't guarantee that you won't get struck by lightning. But, like being struck by lightning, there is a very low chance that you will brick. (Though I know someone who was struck by lightning and survived)

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
Hells Guardian: Have you seriously had 911 posts or is that an op thing.

That was indeed my count..... At that moment lol

QUOTE(MaxNuker @ Mar 28 2011, 11:27 PM) so... i just dont wanna brick it.. would suck :S
if someone can guarantee me that it wont brick and its safe.. i think that with bootmii @boot 2 + nand backup i can recover from any brick right?

I can't promise that but I can promise you that you would be the first person any of us have ever heard of that bricked from HBC or Bootmii install. as for the more risky things. well the general rule of thumb is that if you don't have any protection don't do it. Just like safe sex.
wink.gif

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at what you'll be missing out on if you DONT use modmii......
FREE games, homebrew games, VC games, online play, etc....
But, hey, I've done 50+ Wii's all using modmii, and NEVER a problem at
ANY point in the hacking process AT ALL....
The choice is yours to make

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end