Hacking Lil Info before I buy

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im planning on buying a AceKard2 to upgrade from my R4
Ive been reading the forums and im confused on where I should buy from, and from even more reading I have found there's two of them. I have a Ds Lite with no plans on getting a Dsi, but is it true that I should get a Acekard2 and not a Acekard2i on one forum some one talked about how they can work on the Ds Light but not well.

Also is there any thing else I should know that I don't already, right now im thinking of buying from Red Hot stuff, I can't seem to find it on dealextreame and ive yet to see or hear from any one who has used IShopVideoGames for one.

And Yes I know there have been a few posts about people talking about similar things but I did not really find any of them helpfull.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's my understading that AceKard 2.1's (two point one) have some hardware quality issues...
AceKard 2i (two "I") -had- issues with flashing new firmware that has since been fixed.

The price difference between the two cards is often less than $3, so it's recommended you get the 2i (two "I").

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
It's my understading that AceKard 2.1's (two point one) have some hardware quality issues...
AceKard 2i (two "I") -had- issues with flashing new firmware that has since been fixed.

The price difference between the two cards is often less than $3, so it's recommended you get the 2i (two "I").

seconded.

As always, my vote goes to simplymods.com, but they dont carry your Acekard2.1 if that's your choice.

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure I don't remember where it was but I was reading a forum a while ago that talked about how the Ds Light had problems with the Acekard2i, or is that only with the Acekard2i firmware and works fine with Akaio?

Akuseru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
twiztidsinz said:

seconded.

As always, my vote goes to simplymods.com, but they dont carry your Acekard2.1 if that's your choice.
How long is the shipping for them, usually? Thinking about buying them off of dx but I know they tend to take forever on their shipping.

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After more reading im confused, Acekard2.1 doesn't seem to work well as lots of people seem to be having saving problems with it. Also is AKAIO like ysmenu can AKAIO use moonshell as well as have custom skins for its main screens? The more I read on the forums the more confused and lost on what to get or where I should get it from....

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
dealextreme has the best prices, but local places like GameByGame ensure quality and shipping speeds.

And yea, it doesn't really matter which version you buy. So long as it is 2.1 it will be fine.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for sure that Gamekool.com has real Acekard 2i's. I asked them to try out AKAIO 1.6 on there latest batch and they said it works perfectly.

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why would it be in that place of all sections? I had found a forum that explained how to find it on the site but it didn't work for me.

Also I was looking in the Video game section after you suggested it and could not find any the acekard or dealextreame related.

Update....never mind I can't even find the r4 on it now, is it possible that they have decided to stop selling them?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the links aren't working, then use the official way of ordering

Goto DealExtreme and on the lefthand side of the page there's a box:
dx.jpg

Enter 18728 and click Go. You will then get the full Acekard 2i product page popup as it was before they were removed. From there you can order, see the reviews or go to the product forum.

Be warned, one person here claims to have received an Actel HW 80 clone from DX. Quite a few have posted that the've ordered from DX in the last few days, so I would wait for them to receive them first and i'm sure they will let people know if they are clones. I've had 3 from DX which are all fine, but that was over a month ago and they could now be using different supplies.

An alternative to order from is 0shippingzone. They are a GBAtemp recommended retailer and on Acekard's official reseller page. People on here claim 0SZ have manually updated each cart to 1.4 before shipping, which presumably means they have tested each cart.

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that link did work and thanks for the link all the others I tried didn't work... lil odd that there selling them that way instead of on the site like normal though... kinda creepy to me
Just need to figure out what Acekard to buy that's best for the ds Light now im seeing forums where people have having lots of problem with both the acekard2.1 and acekard2i... also need to look up more info on if akaio can use moonshell.

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Nintendo would just embrace them already its not a true portable system if you have to lug around like 5 games with you. Id rather buy my ds games like how the wii can download games on the wii menu just have them save on the sd card and make sure the game will only work on the ds it was downloaded to.. yes its more complex than that but its a step closer to a true portable gaming device as for those who would say so what some one would just crack the games and get them for free..well there doing it now only thing is people who don't could go around with out lots of games in tow.

But that was really off topic sorry, and thanks for explaining that I feel less creeped out now and so far im leaning twords buying a Acekard2i and im not finding any thing about moonshell in the AKAIO Wiki so far...

Akuseru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0shippingzone looks good..Good price, and if they update them, they must be real..Probably the best place to order them from, then.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Prime_Zero said:
I wish Nintendo would just embrace them already its not a true portable system if you have to lug around like 5 games with you. Id rather buy my ds games like how the wii can download games on the wii menu just have them save on the sd card and make sure the game will only work on the ds it was downloaded to.. yes its more complex than that but its a step closer to a true portable gaming deviceSony's PSP Go... Which people seem to loathe.

QUOTE(Prime_Zero @ Mar 16 2010, 01:03 AM) But that was really off topic sorry, and thanks for explaining that I feel less creeped out now and so far im leaning twords buying a Acekard2i and im not finding any thing about moonshell in the AKAIO Wiki so far...
What's there to find? You download it (following the instructions), copy it to your flash cart, and then you run it and it works. It may be famous and great and all that, but it IS just another piece of homebrew, nothing special you need to do to work it.

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RHD, Ishopvideogames, dealextreame, and 0shippingzone. are the only sites I know of although I have only heared from people who have bought them from RHD and a few from dealextreame which I don't think takes a month to get to where its going pretty sure it takes a month for it to leave the store every time I checked my order it said it has'nt been shipped yet xD and I just don't want to get scammed like I did when I bought my R4i gold card and found it that R4's were out of date lol

Update...
* Should I buy an Ak2.1 or an AK2i?

Please first be aware that Nintendo has blocked the use of the AK2i's current exploit on the 1.4J firmware update. Current DSi kits should be purchased with this in mind. If you only have a DSi then use/purchase the AK2i. If you currently do not have a DSi, it is strongly recommended that you wait. As of right now none of the DSi specific functions (Games, DSi-ware, features, etc) have been hacked. There is a strong possibility that the encryption may never be hacked. Make your informed purchases carefully. As of 12/01/09 the current build of the AK2.1 shows some serious flaws. The official firmware and AKAIO will not function correctly on them. Team Acekard has privately commented by saying that the kits appear to be real and not cloens and they are not sure what the problem is. Finally the AK2i does suffer from Hardware build problems. Their appear to be a large amount of contact and microSD slot issues.

Wait...does the acekard2.1 or 2i even work on the Ds Light... that wiki needs updated maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: