Hacking Light green screen whenever I boot Four Swords on 3ds.

flametorrent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Problem:

I followed the guide "DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide" and had no problems completing each step. Same issue though.. when I boot Four Swords without my sd card I have a light green screen that comes on, but if I boot the game with my sd card it's a black screen instead.

Some random info: I tried with and without the save file from the guide (hacking my friends 2ds. Both devices are 2ds. 2ds #1, mine with problem, is hacked already with Luma, on most current version (11.2.0). 2ds #2, friends, not hacked, version (11.1.0)).

The questions:

1: Yes I own Four Swords (got it for free during that promotion). Am I missing something obvious that's not implicitly said in the guide?

2: What if I own the game but downloaded it on Free Shop? (I honestly can't remember. I'm 90% sure that I downloaded it from the normal eShop).

3: If I own the ticket and it's tied to my nnid both on the device and through the eShop, should I be okay with deleting the game and reinstalling it from that Free Shop (because it's removed from the eShop)? I guess what I'm asking is -is it safe to delete the game as a troubleshooting step and reinstall it while being sure it'll still transfer when I do the System Transfer later?

Also, side note. I originally followed Plailect's guide when it was on that other site and the CFW being used was AuReiNand if that helps (I know sometimes the community knows of an issue that was covered and is now buried under tons and tons of threads). I did the Luma update and also followed the parts of the guide that showed how to install Luma. I have al9h installed.

Thank you for any help you can give me and let me know if I didn't comply with something for this forum. I've been a lurker for years and years and never bothered to log into my account.

Last edited by flametorrent,

flametorrent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought/got something legitimately from the eShop it will always be available to redownload, even if it's not available to buy /get for people that don't already have it.
Oh the reason it wasn't letting me Redownload it was because of the obvious fact that I still have it installed. Lol. In any case I'm redownloading the game to troubleshoot. Will report back.

Edit:

UNRESOLVED

I was wrong. I just tried again and found that the culprit is the public.sav that I pasted. Probably not what the other person is having an issue with. When I paste the public.sav I start getting the same issues.

Last edited by flametorrent,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show