Hacking Let's talk about something constructive. :)

Pitou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

Since all this bricking storm, I think it's time to try to recover our 3DS. Mine still working but want to talk about hat we can do to recover the machine.

Now it seems the eMMC has been reprogrammed to a 0 byte NAND chip. So it's a no go for now to just reflash the NAND. Windows will see the 3DS as a zero byte drive.

How can we reprogram that eMMC and then reflash the NAND using the hardware method?

I have good soldering skill and probably can help some people nearby.

Any expert would like to comment?

Pitou!

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
try flash it via a Linux Live cd and dd command ?
you cant write to a device that reports size zero (and seems to be toggled to read only).

one would first need to reset the memory chips settings, which might be possible via the four wire interface used in the hardware NAND backup mod.

Problem is, atm it's not known
a) if this reset is possible at all (OTP area?)
b) if it is indeed possible over the four wire interface or if you need another more sophisticated flashing interface (think infectus for example)
c) what the exact command sequence is to reset the config.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
in the 3ds xl flash dump thread, i believe i read ppl reviving their consoles, might want to read up in there

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im not expert but if is say that the nand is interpreted as an memory, can be used the program testdisk data recovery to put new value instead 0bites? I remember than once i recover a mp3 player without format(unread by windows) cloning the size from another normal usb to my mp3 player.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo