OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello everyone!
I decided to make this thread called "Let's retro-play!" in order for tempers to know, play and discuss about hidden gems that might never get a chance to shine otherwise after being lost in generational changes.
If this catches on more people could do something similar with other games
Today I bring you Clock Tower:
m0RQm.png

Clock Tower is a 2D point-and-click survival horror developed by Human Entertainment in 1995 for the SNES/Super Famicom, which spawned a few (bad) ports and sequels that were met with mild success.
However, it was never released outside of Japan, but thanks to the kind people over at Aeon Genesis it was translated on 2001.
Don't let the point-and-click part discourage you because the game is quite thrilling really, specially when the main character enters in panic. Besides being one of the few 2D point-and-click survival horror games it also has a high replay value since it has eight different endings!
The plot is as follows, taken from it's Wikipedia page:
QUOTE said:
Jennifer Simpson is a child from the fictional Granite Orphanage in Romsdalen, Norway. She and her friends, who are also orphans (Laura, Ann and Lotte) are adopted in September 1995 (the same month the game was released) by a wealthy recluse named Mr. Barrows, who lives in a mansion known as the "Clock Tower", named after its most predominant feature.
The game immediately begins with these characters walking towards the Barrows mansion and settling in the main foyer. Mary, the woman who brought the children to the mansion, leaves to find Mr. Barrows, but she takes an unusually long time. Jennifer offers to investigate, but upon leaving the room, a scream is heard from the main foyer. Jennifer returns to find the lights are off and the girls are missing.[...]
Hooked yet
tongue.gif
?
The game is quite small as most SNES games and doesn't require any special stuff, unlike Star Ocean.
Now for some screens!
g75iM.png

ze0Px.png

NOomI.png
I can't provide you with the rom of it, but I can provide you with the translation patch which you can find here. Credit goes to Aeon Genesis of course.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Pretty great little Retro Game Review you've got here.
happy.gif
It isn't a review, if it was I'd have rated it, besides I didn't get in the details. I WANT MOAR PEOPLE TO PLAY IT.
And Rydian, you could use a guide, even though it totally ruins the game.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was pretty much the objective of the retro game reviews, too.
The only real difference was the scoring.
Just pointing out the similarities,
not trying to gripe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)