Hacking Let's Finid A new way to fix 003 Error

roughmat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have korean wii with error 003,
i can enter recovery menu (black screen with 4.2 U at right bottom screen)
but i cannot play any game, the trick said it could play any region game at recovery menu..
whats wrong???

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop buying cheap korean wii is the way to fix 003 error
why people keep buy korean wii and then crying after update??

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Easy solution: DON'T UPDATE
Medium solution: UPDATE IOS MIOS SHOPCHANNEL & OTHER CRAP NO SYSMENU
Hard solution: patch system menu
expensive solution: get yourself a Wii from your own region

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Another good and working solution for Korean Wii consoles that not updated already to 4.2U then bricked you can just install CIOSCrop/DarkCrop this will make you Wii Brickproof not all the time sure
wink.gif
but now you can update to 4.2 and change your region without any brick or semi brick
wink.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That is correct. cIOSCORP v3.4 won't prevent it as such, but if it's installed prior to 4.2 update, yu can use it to fix error 003.

cIOSCORP v3.5+/DARKCORP can prevent it for 4.2, but if a new update comes out (for example a 4.3 update or something), and a CORP'd Korean Wii updates to it, it will still get it, but like v3.4, it can be used to fix it with future updates.

My Korean Wii has DARKCORP and indiana pwns savefile on it just for this purpose despite having a D3-2 drive, and it's running 4.2E now.

However...
A while back, da_letter_a told me about this post in mauifrog's error 003 fixing thread over at Wiihacks:
http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...html#post297147
posted by WiiHacks member "RedArrow" (I wonder if: Wiihacks' "RedArrow" = GBATemp's "RedArrow2").
It appears that a modshop in Australia has the ability to fix error 003. I am assuming they would have an official "error 003 fixing disc" to go along with their Waikiki adapter.

I wonder if anyone over in Australia is capable of acquiring this disc(s) from this modshop and dumping it maybe?

If everyone got their hands on that, then we could all fix error 003.

And does anybody know if there's any way for homebrew apps to wite to the serial EEPROM?
Anything already in libogc capable of doing this?

All we would need to do is overwrite the Korean key in a console's EEPROM with a null key bfore running any updates, and then that console will never get error 003.

@thchang:
People buy them because they are so damn cheap due to how cheap Korean Won (Korean currency) is.

RedArrow2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
However...
A while back, da_letter_a told me about this post in mauifrog's error 003 fixing thread over at Wiihacks:
http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...html#post297147
posted by WiiHacks member "RedArrow" (I wonder if: Wiihacks' "RedArrow" = GBATemp's "RedArrow2").
It appears that a modshop in Australia has the ability to fix error 003. I am assuming they would have an official "error 003 fixing disc" to go along with their Waikiki adapter.

I wonder if anyone over in Australia is capable of acquiring this disc(s) from this modshop and dumping it maybe?

If everyone got their hands on that, then we could all fix error 003.

I can tell you now that Wiihacks RedArrow=GBATemp RedArrow2.
yaywii.gif
I prefer to post over at wiihacks, I just have an account over here to check on this thread now & again. Yes, I did contact a modshop & they CAN fix this problem. They have told me they use a Nintendo Development Kit & a Waikiki USB Device. That's all I could get out of them. Every time I e-mailed them, they would say something completely irrelevant to my question. I haven't seen a USB Waikiki, but we shouldn't need them, it performs the same function as savemiifrii. The Nintendo Development Kit can be found on warioworld.com, however you need a license to download from there, which can cost up to US$12,000!! The only hope is if they are willing to give it up or duplicate one & sell it. I do live in Australia however I'm in no position to get it. In my own opinion, I do think that someday someone will get that disc. Actually, I don't think it's an official disc really, but they use the development kit to give a fake-signed disc an official signature, I'm not certain.

RedArrow2

auriga1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a friend used modmii to patch his wii and told me he ended up with error 003. sent me the console and i tried to repatch with no luck. priiloader is installed and he has a nand backup. will i be able to recover this console?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auriga1000 said:
a friend used modmii to patch his wii and told me he ended up with error 003. sent me the console and i tried to repatch with no luck. priiloader is installed and he has a nand backup. will i be able to recover this console?
Just load wadmanager from priiloader, install cios80-v6174

auriga1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for late reply but he tells me, his wii remote is totally unresponsive. tested it with my wii and it's not his remote that's faulty. tried the usual resynching and no luck. hold for 15-20 seconds and resynch - nothing , therefore cannot browse priiloader. is there some way to restore the nand backup without using the remote?

ps. when i tried repatching initially, i synched with my remote and was able to browse. this must have have happened after we switched off and he took his machine home. note - even my remote does not work on his wii now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...