Lethal injection

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Medical knowledge be all up in this bitch. Anyways, it likely is renal failure as was mentioned (kidney failure for people that may not know). Kidney issues in general are fairly common in cats from what I know, and they generally result in the premature death of the animal in question. Something was off from the get go though about the whole deal. Glad there are a couple people that really knew what they were talking about to clear the air.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pyrmon said:
And @Jeffrey you wouldn't happen to know where I could get my hands on sodium thiopental or pentobarbital, would you?
At a vet's, those are registered and protected drugs.

I still fail to see why you do not call a veterinarian.

Jeffrey88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrmon said:
And @Jeffrey you wouldn't happen to know where I could get my hands on sodium thiopental or pentobarbital, would you?

I do not. Unless you are a doctor, you can not get your hands on this stuff. Even owning it would be illegal ( in most countries ). This stuff is always kept behind locked doors.
Call some vets. There is bound to be a good one.
But what is the illness the cat is suffering from?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jeffrey88 said:
Pyrmon said:

I do not. Unless you are a doctor, you can not get your hands on this stuff. Even owning it would be illegal ( in most countries ). This stuff is always kept behind locked doors.
The question was mostly rhetorical. I already knew I would be impossible to get my hands on that stuff.
I have made a list of vets to call ASAP, but it's currently 5 AM. If they won't do it today or early tomorrow, I don't think I'll be able to bear watching the poor thing any longer.
As for the disease, I don't remember the name, but it involves the digestive track in some way. I'll look through my stuff to tell you exactly what it is.

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pyrmon said:
Jeffrey88 said:
Pyrmon said:

The question was mostly rhetorical. I already knew I would be impossible to get my hands on that stuff.
I have made a list of vets to call ASAP, but it's currently 5 AM. If they won't do it today or early tomorrow, I don't think I'll be able to bear watching the poor thing any longer.
As for the disease, I don't remember the name, but it involves the digestive track in some way. I'll look through my stuff to tell you exactly what it is.

Again, why you don't give a call to this people in your city?
http://zipp.it/i/R765I

They probably can do something to help your cat and "help" doesn't necessarily mean "kill". I still think that trying to save a life should always be the 1st option to consider...

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
DDJM said:
Pyrmon said:
Jeffrey88 said:
Pyrmon said:

Again, why you don't give a call to this people in your city?
http://zipp.it/i/R765I

They probably can do something to help your cat and "help" doesn't necessarily mean "kill". I still think that trying to save a life should always be the 1st option to consider...

You don't understand how the average vet works, do you? Pets aren't people and vets don't work like hospitals. They aren't obligated to treat your animal whether you have payment or not. If you don't have payment, you can get right the fuck out with your animal. When they are obviously dying, the first thing that is going to be recommended is that the animal is granted death. I have never been to a veterinary clinic that was happy to treat my dying animals regardless of my poor financial situation.

Pull your head out of your ass and look at the facts. I don't give a shit if you're a member of PETA (PITA?), you don't need to preach. The cat was given a diagnosis and that diagnosis is that the disease is untreatable.

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nathan Drake said:
You don't understand how the average vet works, do you? Pets aren't people and vets don't work like hospitals. They aren't obligated to treat your animal whether you have payment or not. If you don't have payment, you can get right the fuck out with your animal. When they are obviously dying, the first thing that is going to be recommended is that the animal is granted death. I have never been to a veterinary clinic that was happy to treat my dying animals regardless of my poor financial situation.

Pull your head out of your ass and look at the facts. I don't give a shit if you're a member of PETA (PITA?), you don't need to preach. The cat was given a diagnosis and that diagnosis is that the disease is untreatable.

Hospital? Vets? Huh? Did you open the link I posted?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
DDJM said:
Nathan Drake said:

Hospital? Vets? Huh? Did you open the link I posted?

I don't care if you posted the cure to all pet ailments. From the get go, you've been acting like vets will do everything they can to treat your pet regardless of if you can pay. You act like there are shelters out there begging for your dying animals so they can be treated. His cat isn't just sick, it is dying. DYING. There is obviously not help for this, or the first thing jumped to wouldn't have been to euthanize the animal. You've been acting like there are infinite cures, that there is always help, that hope is never lost. Guess what, doesn't work that way. Animals are not viewed as people, they will not be treated the same way, and without cash, the average veterinarian will do fuck all for you because they need to stay in business.

Now, I don't support what he was initially trying to do. It's why I didn't post, as it would have just been another "wtf are you doing" situation. You have been unnecessarily preachy and honestly, not really helpful. "I LOVE ANIMALS DON'T KILL IT GET HELP FOR IT" over and over again isn't exactly great advice. Anybody that has owned pets knows that situations can spiral out of control quickly, and animal sicknesses aren't researched to the degree that human sicknesses are. For common, minor things, a veterinarian should have you covered. Once it comes down to diseases though, you either get lucky and it is a human one where medications work in animals as well as humans, it is actually researched and has medicine for it, or you get unlucky and your animal gets a shit prognosis as it begins to circle the drain.

I love my animals as much as the next person, but if it came down to euthanizing it or watching it suffer to death, I certainly wouldn't choose the latter.

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nathan Drake said:
I don't care if you posted the cure to all pet ailments. From the get go, you've been acting like vets will do everything they can to treat your pet regardless of if you can pay.

Here in Italy it works like this, vets are doctors and the goal of a any kind of doctor is first of all *TRY TO CURE*. Euthanasia is the last possible option. There are hospital for animals too where they can stay recovered even for months if necessary (of course you need to pay).

Nathan Drake said:
You act like there are shelters out there begging for your dying animals so they can be treated. His cat isn't just sick, it is dying. DYING.

It's dying because not even trying a possible cure. Every sick people die if doctors don't cure him.

Nathan Drake said:
There is obviously not help for this

Oh and who told you this? Did you visit the cat to make that statement?

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Aug 17 2011, 01:01 PM) Guess what, doesn't work that way. Animals are not viewed as people, they will not be treated the same way, and without cash, the average veterinarian will do fuck all for you because they need to stay in business.

Again, in Italy it doesn't work like this and animals are threated exactly like people. My father years ago spent 1000 euros to remove a stomach cancer from his dog and the dog survived. A USA vet maybe would have killed him because "more easy". Sad to know that in USA pet hospitals work so bad... And I know many vets here who cure *FOR FREE* animal in street just because they love them.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Aug 17 2011, 01:01 PM)
You have been unnecessarily preachy and honestly, not really helpful.

LOL, actually I was the only one in this thread who care to spend some minutes on Google to give the man a link of a non-profit organization in Montreal who take care of cats. If this is "not really helpful", fine.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
To the poster above me, NO ONE DAMN CARES WHAT HAPPENS IN ITALY. He's in Canada, so please, stop preaching so much. It's not helpful to the situation that you keep pointing out what wonderful animal care Italy offers.

If you've read the statements, the cat has already been diagnosed by a doctor that there was no possible cure and that the only option was euthanizing it. He has no money and thus has no method of asking a veterinarian to do it, and DON'T damn respond to this with "well, there's surely some bla bla bla", because there isn't anywhere IN HIS AREA that allows it. Didn't you even stop to think that maybe due to the fact that Montreal is the second biggest city in Canada, that the place you mentioned might not be in his general area?

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KingdomBlade said:
If you've read the statements, the cat has already been diagnosed by a doctor that there was no possible cure and that the only option was euthanizing it.

So since this man "has no money" to take the cat to a vet it's a good choice killing the cat by himself? Are you all joking or what? Even if the cat has be diagnosed by a good vet and there's really no cure, euthanasia is still a medical thing that needs a doctor. Period. What he wants to do is just stupid and wrong (and maybe illegal too, I don't know Canada laws). And this could cause even more pain to the poor animal.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
DDJM said:
KingdomBlade said:
If you've read the statements, the cat has already been diagnosed by a doctor that there was no possible cure and that the only option was euthanizing it.

So since this man "has no money" to take the cat to a vet it's a good choice killing the cat by himself? Are you all joking or what? Even if the cat has be diagnosed by a good vet and there's really no cure, euthanasia is still a medical thing that needs a doctor. Period. What he wants to do is just stupid and wrong (and maybe illegal too, I don't know Canada laws). And this could cause even more pain to the poor animal.
If you have a better solution, please, go ahead and say it. I believe everyone was pissed at you because your idea of helping is boasting your country's amazing animal care services, preaching about how he should find a cure, and how he's bad for not looking for a vet to cure it. (which he, by the way, pointed out in the first post)

Seriously, if you have a more effective solution, go ahead. Otherwise, this might be the only appropriate way out, provided that he knows the methodology and he has the appropriate materials. You don't have to be a doctor to know how to do something involving medicine. I'm not condoning his method, but goddammit, if this is the only way, then go ahead with it. If you don't think it's right and he should let the cat suffer for days upon weeks, then so be it.

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KingdomBlade said:
If you have a better solution, please, go ahead and say it.

Like I already said, for me a possibile solution is looking for one of those non-profit organization who take care of animals (and survive thanks to donations). Often there are vets working with them in their spare time and probably his cat can have a cure/euthanasia for free (or surely more cheap than a "normal vet"). Or he could just try to sell something to make the needed money... I don't know. The only thing that I know is that he needs a vet for this kind of things. Absolutely.

QUOTE(KingdomBlade @ Aug 17 2011, 01:51 PM) Otherwise, this might be the only appropriate way out, provided that he knows the methodology and he has the appropriate materials. You don't have to be a doctor to know how to do something involving medicine.

Read the previous posts in this thread written by some guys who study vet. It's not an easy thing to do and has a high chance of failure... I think the last thing this man wants is to see his cat suffer. Well, with this home-made euthanasia he could make him suffer even more.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to make this topic a bit cleaner and try and stem the flames a bit: Veterinarians are not bad people and yes they run a business, but they are also most definitly the ones always on the front lines when it comes to animal welfare. Any veterinarian I know, be it in Holland or otherwise will always help an animal in need; if the animal needs to be put down and normal costs cannot be met (and truly not met and there is a genuine veterinary ground for it) he or she will most certainly try and help in anyway. Even if that means spending his or her time and practice on the patient and even his or her own money. Generally the first reason people become vets for is to help animals in need. If a cure is what is available and required: it shall be given within al reason. If euthanasia is the way to go, it will be done. That is why I stated that doing a call round to a few vets explaining the situation will in all likelyhood result in the animal being helped.

The OP will refrain from killing it in the method he had initially planned (subcutanious injection of potassium chloride) which was a horrible idea. The effort put fort by the OP is admirable of course and not going forward after listening is also very good. Now a few veterinarians will be called / visited and the animal will be helped, don't worry. If not, please think of better methods to help the creature (for one, don't try being a home docter.... the best thing to do then would most possibly really be a shovel.. just make sure the first blow really kills it). You can ALWAYS ask a veterinarian what would be the best thing to do even if, and I find this highly unlikely, they are unwilling to assist you.

P.S. Might also be a good idea to check your legislation, especially if it isn't your cat you could be in violation of several laws
wink.gif

Bottom line, as DDJM also pointed out most of my above written statements: Let's wait and see if the OP has called a vet and has found one willing to help, which I am sure will happen.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH...I'd think you maybe doing more harm then good to the cat by doing this on your own.

I agree with DDJM, I would see if any vet in your area would like to help in any possible way. This isn't the only option you have here.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
KirbyBoy said:
TBH...I'd think you maybe doing more harm then good to the cat by doing this on your own.

I agree with DDJM, I would see if any vet in your area would like to help in any possible way. This isn't the only option you have here.
Yarly...... thank you for your 2 cents, let's just wait for the OP to see what happened calling a vet.

QUOTE(AlanJohn @ Aug 17 2011, 02:39 PM) Im really sorry to hear about your cat.
frown.gif

I would give you one of my kittens to make you happy.
Love the sympathisation, hate the fact that you are offering a cat to someone who at this point does not have money to provide for it....... the thought is of course sweet but might not be a great idea
wink.gif

Anyway, again, let's just wait for now. OP, if you wish (I won't be on my regular computer so I won't check gbatemp a lot), you can PM me if you need any more help and I will continue to try to be of help anyway I can.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Hells Malice said:
tagzard said:
Hey buddy. Listen please don't kill the cat. You would never live with yourself. Just cuddle with the cat. Make it feel good. Give it some pain killers. Don't kill it yourself.

Yeah don't kill the cat, just let it suffer and die a slow, agonizing death like this moron suggests. Don't worry, cuddling it makes all the pain and suffering go away.
Honestly, maybe I should cut off your arms and rub salt in the wound and see if cuddling you makes you feel any damn better.

If the cat is already suffering, do you really need to put a huge emphasis on painkillers before putting it down yourself? It might just be more sensible to let the poor thing RIP as soon as possible.
I'm speaking from pure ignorance here since I have no idea what a legal injection feels like, obviously.
Listen buddy not many peolle know but i'm a animal freak.
Yeah, a lot of us are too. It's sick that you'd rather let this thing suffer than put it out of it's misery, speaking from experience. I regret having my dog put down, but I now it was for the best and there was nothing we could do.
Do what you gotta do, OP.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Long [and rather pissed off] rant follows...

DDJM said:
Shinigami357 said:
Wow... Far as I can tell, they took the cat in when it was sick, it got better for a while and now it's gotten worse. The chances it would die are quite high, which prompted not just him, but also his parents to decide that it should be put down. Except they don't have cash.

Again, there are *DOCTORS* for this, there are doctors who take care of animals and choose what's better to do for their life. Is he a vet? Obvioulsy not, so he has no right to do *ANYTHING* on the poor cat. I understand this is GBAtemp but medicines are not a game that everyone can play for free (or maybe this guy think he's playing Trauma Center on the Wii?).

Shinigami357 said:
Now I'm not sure how these home-made euthanasia attempts work out, but he seems more than confident he knows what he's doing, and I'm not one to judge intelligence. I'm assuming he understands what he is doing.

OMG, are you joking too? Home-made euthanasia what?! Kill animals is illegal. Period. He's not a doctor and he can't do a shit. And then what if the poor cat can still be saved? How the hell you know that he "has to die"? Maybe a good vet can still cure him and save his life. But just because the man "has no money" the poor cat has to pay with his life? Yeah right... so if tomorrow this man wakes up and "look sick" we all go to buy euthanasia and kill him right?

Shinigami357 said:
Yes, obviously the police in Italy can go to Canada to get him, huh?

I was obvioulsy provocating. But still what this man is going to do is illegal and you can't do that in any civilized country of this world.

Yes. Obviously, the bleeding-heart man knows no boundaries to his BS.

1. I did not say I was in any way for or against this procedure. I was saying they've looked into it, they've decided a course of action [derailed by lack of funds, which you obviously seem to ignore altogether].

2. Home-made euthanasia: not a real term, I used it because there is no available term and the description fits. Now I understand English prob isn't your first language, but it isn't mine either.

3. Yes, killing animals is illegal. I am now confessing the act of killing thousands of mosquitoes, ants etc [I claim self-defense,
though]. Horse owners regularly put down steeds that break their legs. Just because one man steps forward and says something does not mean you can crucify him.

4. QUOTE
so if tomorrow this man wakes up and "look sick" we all go to buy euthanasia and kill him right?
I sincerely hope your father considered condoms. I don't know how low the literacy rate of the internet is supposed to be, but the OP pointed out that the cat was found already in this state, got better, then degenerated into this state of health. Nothing goes into remission and then gets worse suddenly if it wasn't already critical. The fact that it did so is certainly more than just "looking sick".

Also,I don't know what you're trying to achieve or who you're hoping to impress with such a childish metaphor in the first place. Being in a considerably incurable condition [and the patient's consent if it can be had] is the only grounds at all for euthanasia, especially in humans. That you're clearly trolling by suggesting murder like it was funny is frankly retarded.

5. That you blindly parade around waving it in our collective face that your oh-so-great country has a humane pet society in seemingly every street corner adds nothing whatsoever to the topic. As is your incessant belief that if it was taken to a "DOCTOR" that a cure will suddenly arise from nowhere to save it, even after the OP pointed out quite clearly that he has indeed had it looked at.

You even suggest a cat shelter [that clearly has a "strict no kill policy" which wouldn't help him much; perhaps you should make it a habit to read your links yourself?] when it's abundantly clear [seriously, do people even read any more?] that the OP had himself taken the cat in and tried [unsuccessfully, true, but some things are out of our control] to nurse it back to health and that the cat is dying, one way or the other.

6. The two tempers who are vets [or vets-in-training] aren't quite as inflammatory as you, and are rather sympathetic toward his situation. The OP is taking their advice seriously [which disproves what seems to be your unending belief that the OP is some cat murderer or something] and is even re-considering his methods. Clearly, you [and your perfect pet-loving country] have never gone through his position where he is left with no choice, and though some of his choices and decisions might be questionable, he is at least trying to find something he can do and a way to do it. Whereas you say the same damn BS every friggin post.

7. Finally, [and again more proof that you either weren't taught how to read properly or are inept in English] the OP isn't killing the cat "because he has no money". Such thinking makes me lament at how shallow some people deem their fellows to be. Again, the cat is in pain and is dying. He wanted to give it safe euthanasia, but there simply wasn't a way that he can afford it. The fact that he didn't have money is why he was driven to this lose-lose choice of letting it die a protracted and painful death or try to do something instead. If he had a better alternative, he would have gone for it.

In fact, if I had any money whatsoever, I would have donated it to him just to shut you up.

PS
I also don't quite get what you mean by "obviously provocating". Is that a way to say you want to pick a fight? More trolling perhaps?

FFS.
---
Rant over.

PS
@Pyrmon
I only just got back to the temp now. Judging by the time stamps on these posts, you've probably finished it, one way or the other [I do hope you got professional help, but then life is not nearly as ideal as we wish it to be]. Again, sorry for your loss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: