Gaming Lego Star Wars PC demo and 3D-Analyze help

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, let me say that I am attempting to get Lego Star Wars running on my PC. I'm using the demo version of the game to see if I could get it running before getting the full game. I haven't got a card that supports pixel shader, which means that normally I would not be able to even boot the game up at all. However, I found a trick that people have found to get the game running WITHOUT pixel shader.

Using a program called 3D Analyze, it is apparently possible to force the game to run on an older graphics card. The game would run, but it wouldn't have any shading effects requiring pixel shader. Full directions on doing this are found here:

http://www.reabo.co.uk/_tutorials/legostarwarsproblem.aspx

Apparently this technique has a high rate of success, but I'm having problems. I am able to force the game to get past the "pixel shader required" message and appear like it boots. Unfortunately, the game appears to crash before any game company logos or anything appears, dumping me back onto my desktop. I've no clue what to do.

I can't upgrade my graphics card as I'm using a laptop, and can't get a new PC because I'm broke. My system specs match the game's requirements exactly except for the pixel shader requirement.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I am running the demo version of Lego Star Wars if that makes any difference.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do a clean re-install of Lego Star Wars, make sure no conflicting tools are running and etc.

But I really think its because its the demo version your trying to run, that guide is meant for the full retail version, yes? It SHOULDNT matter as this 3D analyser seems like to should work on a general basis.

But yeah clean re-install and clean environment is all i can suggest

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Maybe I'll "acquire" a full version to see if that helps. PC games are the one game I usually buy, but I'm not spending money on something that may not work on my PC (might not even run AT ALL since I've only got the bare minimum requirements).

EDIT: Wow! I actually got the demo of Lego Star Wars 2 to run using 3D Analyze!
ohmy.gif
I guess that means it'll work. I had to enable the 3D Analyze options to get the sequel's demo to run too, but it did boot. I also had to disable a graphical effect called "bloom shading" in the graphics options or the entire screen goes white whenever someone shoots a laser or uses a lightsaber. No biggie though. Game runs ok. Slows down a lot, but playable!
smile.gif
And the sequel had higher graphics card requirements than the original, so maybe when I get the full version, the first LSW will work ok. I was getting a bit tired of the cut-down DS version of Complete Saga.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...