Lego City Undercover

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by ShadowSoldier, Apr 8, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    On the GamePad hit the "I" button below the city name. It'll tell you what you're missing. Won't say how to do it. But hey, that's one of the things with Sandbox games. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about Super Builds. When you beat the game, it becomes incredibly easy to build them because you get

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Honestly, one of the best things about this game was the diving sequences. That space mission was just amazing and totally memorable. The music was awesome!

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i didn't get the brick Brick multiplier and i got all red bricks?

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Well, at the top of the screen there are 4 icons which correspond to the current area in the town (that is great).
    In the "info" screen, when hitting the "I" at the top-middle, all the big circles correspond to the whole town, not the area. that is less great :(
    If you miss only one of them, you don't know where too go to look for it.
    But maybe later the scanner will improve again (I got the red block from tree hills, and it said "scanner improved", but I didn't see any differences for the moment).

I don't want the exact position to items, as it would defeat the hunting game, but a per-location list would have been easier.

Yeah, 4%!

4. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    zoom in as far as you can go or the 2nd zoom in when your in an area than push i and it will tell you what to get in that area. the red brick you got just shows the city challenges on the scanner you can't do any of these yet so just keep going. here's where to get all the red bricks that upgrade the scanner

Cherry Tree Hills - Data Scan Upgrade - City Challenges
    Auburn - Data Scan Upgrade - Character Challenges
    Auburn Bay Bridge - Data Scan Upgrade - Red Bricks
    Fort Meadows - Data Scan Upgrade - Tokens
    Bluebell National Park - Data Scan Upgrade - Clue

as i said your too early in the game to really worry about any of this stuff yet so just keep going :P

Cyan likes this.
  5. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Thanks for all the info :)
    I didn't notice it was shorten to the area you zoomed in.

6. terminal_illness

terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Aug 29, 2008
    Canada
    Canada! Mah Fukas!

i agree 100% only problems i have with the game are loading times and the 10 hour storyline. i beat the game in 2 nights. completion rate 26% lol still more work to do but damn... no more missions?

7. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    nope once you finish the missions it's just a shitload of collecting to do :P

8. hey_suburbia

hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

Apr 24, 2004
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA

This. I had to keep my 3DS on my lap to play during load times...

9. Triumph627

Triumph627 All sweet & honeycomb

Newcomer
    May 21, 2013
    United States
    The Comatorium
    With all the positive comments on this game, I'm definitely interested in it. But I was wondering how the game mechanics/feel of the game stack up against previous Lego titles?
    I tried to play a few of those (Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones) on the Wii because they also got good reviews, but I just couldn't get into them because the controls just didn't feel right, and they just felt like cheap, "little kid" games, for lack of a better way of putting it.

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I played only lego Starwars and a little indiana jones before Lego City.
    I liked that it was well reproduced and you visually recognized scenes of the movies.

These games had levels to select one by one from a single room to advance in the story, while in Lego city it's all happening in the city to reach the next "level" to advance in the story.
    You have many things to do and unlock while reaching that place, and you can go another place instead of following the story.

the control is good, and graphics are nice (though, after some time you notice the usual texture/shadow Depth of field limit effect which disturb me, but the game still look nice).
    I don't know about the cheap and kiddy feeling. I think only you can judge that, you should try it from a friend or rent it.

11. Triumph627

Newcomer
    May 21, 2013
    United States
    The Comatorium
    Thanks for attempting to answer my question. I know it's really vague and hard to express, but you answered it well enough. Before I even asked I figured I would just have to try it out for myself, but I thought I would ask what you all thought about it.

12. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Lego games are not cheap or kiddy. At all. Except for Lego Rock Band.

13. Triumph627

Newcomer
    May 21, 2013
    United States
    The Comatorium
    I don't mean to dis on the Lego games, my first computer game was Lego Island (anyone else remember that one?) and I loved that game to death. And I actually don't mind Lego Rock Band haha.

I definitely trust that they're fun to play once you get into them, I just couldn't get past the first few levels because something about the controls bothered me. But I'm probably just crazy, and regardless, I'll definitely be checking Lego City Undercover out for myself soon.

14. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I have gotten the game freeze when jumping out of a flying vehicle to a car. (I did this many times with no issues before I got a freeze)

I have had the glitch where the colors are messed up on the gamepad. (if I remember right I think this glitch was only on the lowest brightness setting and turning up the brightness made it go away).

I had the game freeze when trying to scan something as well.

Kind of annoying and it magnified by the long loading times to where if it freezes I just decide to play something else. The game is great but it needs a patch.

15. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I never had a glitch yet.
    I tried flying->car but it worked fine. I hope it will continue to work fine.

But if the game is buggy, it would be great that they provide a patch to fix them.

16. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I was wondering too, I thought all the loading screens played the lego city music while loading. Recently I only hear music on the first loading screen, then subsequent screens are silent. I think it's been like that since the big system update. Does anyone else have silent loading screens?

I was thinking this might be a surround sound issue as I was having missing dialogue in Batman (one character spoke and the person they were speaking with was silent) and I had to change my system settings and now that game seems to work.

17. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i had all of the above before and after the update as well as freeze while driving and everytime i used rex's flying fury it always froze with loud buzzing. i also had to replace the disc once since it wouldn't boot. i dunno if it's the game or my wiius laser batman froze once too.

18. Mthb54

Mthb54 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Canada
    Is the loading time on 3DS that bad?

19. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Just finished story mode , OMFG the freefall from space was amazing , and the music was perfect . Really good game. Just 75% left to go now , let the hunt begin. :)

20. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    yeh space freefall is best part in game. can't wait for lego marvel too

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted