Gaming Legit zelda disc FORCES an update.

anxion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems as though this only happened because OP was using a vintage system menu...? I've been fretting over this for the past week.

I'm running 4.3U with priiloader everything, and all I want is to pick up my preorder on Sunday and run it through the disc channel without being retroactively punished for all my past sins.

You should be safe.

If nothing works, use Gecko OS.

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
It's easy enough to just update to 4.3 without losing any of your hacks, and well worth doing so. Less hassle getting your backed up games to work, and you get access to all the features you would on a legit console.

In other words, you can not only have your cake, but eat it too.

Storm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it only try to update when you have the disc channel selected or does it try to update even when you're on the Wii Menu with no particular channel selected? (Hope that made sense) I'm worried because Gecko OS exits to the Wii menu when you press Home > Wii menu, unlike Neogamma.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's easy enough to just update to 4.3 without losing any of your hacks, and well worth doing so. Less hassle getting your backed up games to work, and you get access to all the features you would on a legit console.

How do you update to higher system menu without losing hack?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

That's not true. There are no benefits to having anything above 4.2. All they do is block homebrew and brick region changed Korean Wii's. Your System Menu doesn't have anything to do with backups either, so I don't know why you think it's easier. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

@OP: Use ModMii to resoftmod your Wii. It will update you to 4.1 so you get all the features without the drawbacks of 4.2/4.3.

Eight Bit Alien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it only try to update when you have the disc channel selected or does it try to update even when you're on the Wii Menu with no particular channel selected? (Hope that made sense) I'm worried because Gecko OS exits to the Wii menu when you press Home > Wii menu, unlike Neogamma.

Hmm, you know I actually have never had a game try to run a system update on me... I've always either incidentally had the correct menu for the software, or played on a modded system. How does this work?

JossyHadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't get an update with my zelda skyword sword...
i updated to the latest version, but homebrew channel and all that still works perfectly... all my backup games work too.. my wii is hardmodded though. only bootmii is gone (but i can still load it using the homebrew channel), but i dont care about that...

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just downloaded Gecko1931 (Guessing that's the latest)

So Zelda only updates if you're not on 4.3?
And what is the purpose of Gecko OS? It blocks updates on discs? Priiloader does that too doesn't it?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

And what is the purpose of Gecko OS? It blocks updates on discs? Priiloader does that too doesn't it?
Yeah, Priiloader works fine. Look at the readme in the download for info on Gecko OS:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Priiloader can block disc updates from the disc channel, if you enable the hack for it. Gecko OS and all other loaders don't exactly ignore the update partition, they just start the game, nothing more, nothing less.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a very nice program to have.
I use it for taking screenshots with my USB Gecko, but that's about it.
I loved doing that with my USB gecko as well, and using all kinds of codes on Brawl back in the day.
But these days I rely on Dolphin instead for screenshots, being able to do them in 1080p with for the most part, great accuracy.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm on 4.3U and my copy of Zelda needed to install a system update when I loaded it. It ASKED if I wanted to update, not FORCED it. I let it update and my HBC was fine.

Eight Bit Alien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my copy this morning, loaded it through disc channel (no Gecko) and it didn't even prompt an update! If anything happened, it was silent. game runs fine. I do have Priiloader configured to block disc updates - so either that did the trick, or my system (4.3u) didn't need anything changed.

Just figured I'd add my story to the list for reference. Thanks everyone!

Centimetro

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
4.1U here, did not encounter any forced update of any kind as the OP describes. Priiloader successfuly blocked any disc update, and game seems to work fine... so on my configuration at least, legit Skyward Sword works exactly the same as every other Wii game

Thiinka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I'm having some trouble getting a legit copy of SS (just got it from GameStop this morning!) to run on my softmodded Wii.

I currently have a v4.2U system menu, Homebrew menu, a Priiloader that doesn't seem to have menu hacks, and some burned disc loaders. (I can play burned Wii and GC games perfectly, but gives me an error code #0002 or something like that)

It also seems that I can't even update my system menu, it keeps giving me an error that it can't update. :/ In case any of you can help with that, it says,
"Error Code: 32004
An error has occurred. Unable to perform the Wii system update. Visit support.nintendo for assistance."
Internet is working and everything, but I can't even do that.

I also do not want to use a USB loader (I don't have a USB stick that has enough GB on it!). I would greatly prefer to play the game off of the legit disc. Are there WADS or IOSes that I can install to bypass the system update problems?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1