Gaming Legit Mario Kart copies getting DREs?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Rumor: Mario Kart Wii may also be plagued by disc read errors

Did your nearly two years of anticipation come to an anticlimactic conclusion last month when your stubborn, soiled Nintendo Wii refused to play the pristine copy of Smash Bros. Brawl you'd just purchased? If you were one of the unlucky owners of an unkempt Wii whose dust-covered laser couldn't read the dual-layer Brawl disc, we've got bad news -- there's a chance your bedraggled home console will refuse to read Mario Kart Wii as well.

GoNintendo cited German gaming news site GameFront with reporting numerous complaints from owners of the Japanese version of the game, saying it often refuses to load and is plagued by frequent crashes -- likely due to the same dual-layered woes suffered by Brawl. Thing is, we can't find any reports of Mario Kart Wii being a dual-layered game -- on the contrary, some early purchasers (and those who obtained the game through more ... dubious channels) are certain it's single-layered. We doubt it's cause for widespread panic -- but keep a wary eye out for further complaints.

Souce: Joystiq

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mario Kart Wii is not dual-layer.

I have an original, I have thrown it in my drive ... yes, it can read Wii discs ... and have even dumped it, out of curiousity ... it's a single-layer disc.

I say this, because I have seen a few reports now of people claiming it to be dual-layer ... yet the above article claims that the reporter has not seen such reports ... hmmm

darkazn91

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought that mario kart should be the same as any other single-layer wii game, so there shouldn't be a problem unless your wii can't read any games.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shuny said:
thebobevil said:
As it's only Japanese copies, I guessing some kind of batch error at the factory.
They would have noticed it at the factory imho.

Batch error with the hardware then ... I can't think of too many reasons for something like this, can you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153