Homebrew Legit CIA installation on 11.0.0-33U

BlackAc3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, I want to ask if I run homebrew through smashbrohax. Is it possible for me to install legit CIA? Is there any risk or what I should concern on running homebrew such as how to prevent from brick and ban from nintendo? Sorry I am a newbie here and thank in advance for helping me out.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For legit cia on 11.0 you need a kernel exploit which isn't currently available. Using regular homebrew is possible though. No risks there.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
1) No you can't install CIAs, even legit ones.
2) Since you're on 11.0, you can't get banned, nor brick your console using the HBL.
3) The only thing you should be concerned about are (maybe) your saves. If you do something really stupid with a save exporter / importer / editor, they might get corrupted, but the probability for that to happen is insanely low. (but make backups, we never know).

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still baffles me how few people know how to use a search engine.... The answer is on every major news site for the 3ds hacking... You can run homebrew but only with userland permissions. Meaning you can only do to the console what your game or entry point could. You can read and write to and from the sd read and write save files, run basic emulators and such however since installing content requires higher user priveledge you won't be able to do that since all current kernel exploits are patched. Not that one won't ever surface but don't hold your breath. Currently the only way to install cia files is to downgrade native firm using a hardmod run sysupdater and use the now exploitable native firm to downgrade the rest of the system titles.

Reactions: Ricken

BlackAc3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) No you can't install CIAs, even legit ones.
2) Since you're on 11.0, you can't get banned, nor brick your console using the HBL.
3) The only thing you should be concerned about are (maybe) your saves. If you do something really stupid with a save exporter / importer / editor, they might get corrupted, but the probability for that to happen is insanely low. (but make backups, we never know).
hmm so if i running homebrew for now i can clone pokemon ? haha thanks for the reply ^^

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to use a question mark?<--. I knew it was fake but still....... the introduction of legit cia instalation on 10.4 looked pretty much the same as this does. Clickbait.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's technically possible, but it would be hard to execute, and no devs are likely to work on it. This is going based off of this quote from plailect;
  • This was not truly patched once and for all, but has had some complications introduced
  • New security checks in kernel heaps were added which makes "svchax" require extremely precise timing and trickery to execute, breaking it (possibly permanently) unless a fix is implemented

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's technically possible, but it would be hard to execute, and no devs are likely to work on it. This is going based off of this quote from plailect;
  • This was not truly patched once and for all, but has had some complications introduced
  • New security checks in kernel heaps were added which makes "svchax" require extremely precise timing and trickery to execute, breaking it (possibly permanently) unless a fix is implemented
Of course svchax could return, but I guess is too early to have an arm11 kexploit. Perhaps in a month or two (?

Reactions: NoNAND

RedScaledOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hahah used the Search function just a second befor sending my post cuz I though maybe someone asked before. Thanks man ^^

Guess I can not use the PS 1 Emulator for now. What a shame. Well I can at least Play Nintendo Super Nintendo and GBA as well as regular 3DS with my pokehax entry point.

Maybe on a side note do you guys recommen a downgrade (I have someone from another thread that offers too hardmode my 3ds ) or should I just sit tight enjoy my new3dsxl as it is now with 11.0 and wait for an exploid too be found soo that I can install CFW?

RedScaledOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ps1 emulator is not that stable

Yeah but I only want Legend of Dragoon And since I have the New3DS it could work fine. At least it works pretty nice on my Womans 3DS she has the New one as well but hers is already modded. Maybe it is just the Game not sure though ^^

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but I only want Legend of Dragoon And since I have the New3DS it could work fine. At least it works pretty nice on my Womans 3DS she has the New one as well but hers is already modded. Maybe it is just the Game not sure though ^^
Right now a hardmod would be what I'd advise though if you have a CFW capable 3ds already available use the fieldrunhax DSiware transfer method to downgrade. Its by far cheaper although requires a fairly long wait....

Last edited by mikey420,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...