Legal issues with NES MP3 player?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my spare time, I build and sell NES MP3 players. The profits are slim but it's enough to buy some more controllers, MP3 players and still have some left over for some other stuff like solder, wires etc. How long before Nintendo catches on and issues a cease and desist or do they honestly not care?

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Harsky said:
In my spare time, I build and sell NES MP3 players. The profits are slim but it's enough to buy some more controllers, MP3 players and still have some left over for some other stuff like solder, wires etc. How long before Nintendo catches on and issues a cease and desist or do they honestly not care?
I don't know but I will buy one. How much?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Harsky said:
Maybe I'm intrested. Do you have a link?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the topics for your MP3 players, and I don't think that Nintendo can do a damn thing about it, nor should they want to.

Could Panasonic sue you for turning an old TV into a fishbowl? Could Coca-Cola sue you for making a belt buckle out of a pop can? You are not making a clone NES here, and you are not giving people a way to play pirated NES games.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Harsky said:

It's not a big operation so they probably won't do anything about it, you've got nothing really to worry about.
Worse that would happen is a cease and desist.

Decided to reply here rather than the post you made on that other board.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I thought you found a way to play mp3 files on an actual NES. Dang. Closest thing I've come to that is using FamiTracker to import up to 8 seconds of audio through the space reserved for samples to create a short NSF loop, found at http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/NSFsongs.zip (ignore the Ocarina Boogie one). I've also got a couple of these in *.nes format as well to demonstrate that they'd run on an actual NES if anyone's interested.

Back on-topic, I don't think Nintendo's really going to care too much. It's a sweet mp3 player though, I gotta say.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
And here I thought you found a way to play mp3 files on an actual NES. Dang. Closest thing I've come to that is using FamiTracker to import up to 8 seconds of audio through the space reserved for samples to create a short NSF loop, found at http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/NSFsongs.zip (ignore the Ocarina Boogie one). I've also got a couple of these in *.nes format as well to demonstrate that they'd run on an actual NES if anyone's interested.

Back on-topic, I don't think Nintendo's really going to care too much. It's a sweet mp3 player though, I gotta say.

lol i dled and thats pretty sweet, but I gotta question, why would you waste your time on THAT? lol

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me, or you've written in /v/ about selling them? Cause I see the exact same thread, with all the stuff you've exactly mentioned.

Conan O'Briebers 08/15/08(Fri)19:30 No.18717948

I build and sell NES MP3 players. The profits are slim but it's enough to buy some more controllers, MP3 players and still have some left over for some other stuff like solder, wires etc. How long before Nintendo catches on and issues a cease and desist?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miketh2005 said:
DanTheManMS said:

lol i dled and thats pretty sweet, but I gotta question, why would you waste your time on THAT? lol

Boredom, why else?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ojsinnerz said:
Is it just me, or you've written in /v/ about selling them? Cause I see the exact same thread, with all the stuff you've exactly mentioned.

Conan O'Briebers 08/15/08(Fri)19:30 No.18717948

I build and sell NES MP3 players. The profits are slim but it's enough to buy some more controllers, MP3 players and still have some left over for some other stuff like solder, wires etc. How long before Nintendo catches on and issues a cease and desist?
Yeah. That's me. I get about a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a joke, but I used to bite my nails when I was young, but when I started doing construction work and seen what crap was under my nails, I stopped.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What i said isnt a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sometimes yea when they get real long, you want to, but I always end up with a bloody finger or hangnails.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well that's 30 minutes worth of complaining
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They send you the wrong STD medicine again?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They send you the wrong STD medicine again?