Hacking Left trigger sometimes doesn't work

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is my replacement DSL from the one that was stolen less than a year ago, I know it's under warranty, so that's not a problem, I do use it just about every day though, so if I can somehow fix the issue without breaking the warranty, I'd rather go that route.

I found out there was an issue I guess a few weeks ago with my Cyclo, and sometimes it took a couple tries to get back to the Enhanced Menu. I chalked this up to me mainly playing DS in bed before I go to sleep, and not having enough hand-eye coordination to really get it down the first time. With the release of Moon, and the left trigger being the fire button for right handed use, it became very apparent I had a problem.

So I fired up the wonderful homebrew DiagnoSe, and played around a bit with the trigger. I found it almost always registered a click when I pushed it closer to Slot-1, and with diminishing returns aside from that. That's not the regular way a person would hold the DS, so I got out a can of compressed air and sprayed all around the trigger, hoping it was dust on the connector that I could spray for. That didn't really help, or hurt anything.

Is there anything else than anyone would suggest before contacting NoA?

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem aswell.
It just went away after a lil while.
I was about to return it to the shop as some games really need the shoulder buttons.
But as I wrote above the problem solved itself without reason.

Perhaps you could try a bit of contact spray.
It does the job for cell phone keys so give it a try.

Question: When you carrie your NDS with you do you carrie it in your pocket standing up or laying down

So:
||

Or:
__
__

I use the first method as there is no other way to store it in my jacket.
When doing this it kind of leans on the left shoulder button this may cause your problem.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Last Symphony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have also the same problem but instead it is on the R button

The warranty duration is already finsih...
so I will try to bring it on a gameshop, maybe they can fix it...

ricky23i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
So this is my replacement DSL from the one that was stolen less than a year ago, I know it's under warranty, so that's not a problem, I do use it just about every day though, so if I can somehow fix the issue without breaking the warranty, I'd rather go that route.

I found out there was an issue I guess a few weeks ago with my Cyclo, and sometimes it took a couple tries to get back to the Enhanced Menu. I chalked this up to me mainly playing DS in bed before I go to sleep, and not having enough hand-eye coordination to really get it down the first time. With the release of Moon, and the left trigger being the fire button for right handed use, it became very apparent I had a problem.

So I fired up the wonderful homebrew DiagnoSe, and played around a bit with the trigger. I found it almost always registered a click when I pushed it closer to Slot-1, and with diminishing returns aside from that. That's not the regular way a person would hold the DS, so I got out a can of compressed air and sprayed all around the trigger, hoping it was dust on the connector that I could spray for. That didn't really help, or hurt anything.

Is there anything else than anyone would suggest before contacting NoA?
its the L button malfunction, replace it or send it to nintendo if it is broken for the part here

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13264

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up