Hardware Left joycon issues?

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys.

I've had my switch since before launch, and have read that there are some issues on some units with the left joycon de-syncing.

Mine has been perfect up until now, and I appear to have an issue in that the left joycon doesn't loose sync as such, but will occasionally keep registering a direction. Strangely enough, this has only started happening since connecting my switch to the 5Ghz network.

I have reconnected to the 2.4Ghz SSID, and the problem has now disappeared. Anyone else had any experience with this?

shiohigari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same desyncing issues. I called up Nintendo and they were happily going to look at the unit and pay for postage but in the end I opened up my controller myself and added the anti-static foam and they have been perfect since.

If you don't want to send your joycon in maybe add the foam yourself? It's a better long term fix than going on you 2.4Ghz connection forever.

Reactions: paulttt

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Same desyncing issues. I called up Nintendo and they were happily going to look at the unit and pay for postage but in the end I opened up my controller myself and added the anti-static foam and they have been perfect since.

If you don't want to send your joycon in maybe add the foam yourself? It's a better long term fix than going on you 2.4Ghz connection forever.

I looked into adding some foam, but to be honest seems a little drastic considering the easy solution which is keeping it on the 2.4Ghz network.

Please don't misunderstand me, I appreciate the advice, I was more alluding to the fact that it doesn't seem like a "de-sync" as such, more the fact that it's registering the directional movement constsntly on the 5ghz spectrum.

Unless I'm mistaken, which I often am, haven't read anything about this before.

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm, just wondering if the issue is due to my WiiU still being connected next to my switch. Just unplugged it from the mains, and moved my gamepad to the bedroom (Behind thick concrete walls) and not getting the issue anymore.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is the "desynching" people talk about.
I have my Switch in between my Mac, Wii U, Xbox One S, Smart TV, etc. All connected to Wi-Fi.
I don't plan to make more space for it, it does not have the luxury.
Everything else works fine, including the Pro Controller.

The reason for the problem is a hardware defect in the joycon, send it back to Nintendo.

PS: All 2.4GHz signals, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, other gamepads, etc. interfere, but it is supposed to work anyway.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just call Nintendo tell them the joy con is dead, its not syncing, not lighting up to sync, wont connect to the switch in the os wont do anything aka completely dead and if your lucky like me they will 1 day ship a brand new joy con out to you..

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The WiiU thing has me puzzled though. I know that it uses 5Ghz to transmit to the gamepad.

Bluetooth, which the joycons use to communicate, is 2.4Ghz. Why would the joycon have issues only when the switch is connected to the 5Ghz network. My understanding is that it's a completely different spectrum.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The WiiU thing has me puzzled though. I know that it uses 5Ghz to transmit to the gamepad.

Bluetooth, which the joycons use to communicate, is 2.4Ghz. Why would the joycon have issues only when the switch is connected to the 5Ghz network. My understanding is that it's a completely different spectrum.
Wi-Fi coming from the Wii U internet connection.

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Just to clarify:

Joycon issue when switch is connected to 5Ghz network, and WiiU is in same room.

When WiiU is removed joycons work fine.

When switch connected to 2.4Ghz no issues at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wi-Fi coming from the Wii U internet connection.

But the WiiU only has 2.4Ghz for internet access, and 5Ghz for communicating with the gamepad. There is no logical reason why they should even cross over.

Last edited by paulttt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.