OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
l4d2deets_580.jpg

QUOTE said:
Left 4 Dead 2 ... already? It's a question that Valve's Chet Faliszek has undoubtedly been answering all day. Wary of the negative connotations that come with annual franchises, Faliszek gave us a candid explanation. Put simply, Valve wasn't entirely satisfied with the original game. "Left 4 Dead 1, like I said, had some of those fundamental things that we wanted to change about it, like the changes to the director, which took really long periods of time and a really long period of testing," he said. "And so, those changes fell in line with the long period of time it takes to create characters and everything else. That's why we're doing Left 4 Dead 2, right?"

A more refined game will also set the stage for a longer lifespan, with Faliszek having no qualms calling the EA-published Left 4 Dead 2 a platform, one that Valve sees "lasting for a much longer period of time" via updates and DLC. "We haven't decided anything yet, obviously, but we're looking at it and looking at Left 4 Dead 2 as being that platform to build on." There's a caveat, of course: "I would say definitely there's some stuff I think, like world-wise and location-wise, that we're saying, 'No, this isn't going to fit in this one, let's put this aside and maybe come back and revisit it.'"

Valve hopes to produce more incentive for revisiting Left 4 Dead 2, with a new gameplay mode -- in addition to the unrevealed one shipping with the game -- already being considered. "There's a lot of ideas that we can start playing around with. But we first need to get this first layer down and settle it." We'll be settling the score with the zombie menace on November 17th.

Source

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was upset about Left 4 Dead 2 at first, but after reading the many changes I've finally accepted it. But they actually better stick with it this time...

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Im kinda like... .the orginal L4D was NOT worth the 50€ i payed for it. I played the demo the two weeks before everyone else and had a load of fun... but.. after i havn't even completed all campaigns!.

Team Fortress 2 FTW!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'll think that "dropping" the original L4D so early was stupid.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought that this wouldn't be as good because of the early release date, in respect to the first game. Nice to see greater lifespan. Thanks yet again War for the news
biggrin.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
"Valve wasn't entirely satisfied with the original game"

No, no, no, no. This is pure bs.
They made their choice and possibly rushed with L4D

Then came along Tripwire, creating a new zombie shooter with a new-twist of survival-horror known as Killing Floor.
With more weapons, melee weapons, and 6+ multiplayer, people were ready to bash Killing Floor because of it's variety over L4D.

SO, Valve gets pissed cuz they realize they f'ed up and decided to scrap the first game, and start on a second one with, oh get this, more weapons, melee weapons, and POSSIBLY more than 4 player multi!!
DDD:
ZOMG

Valve is getting suckier and suckier. Their support and care for many games is getting weaker. It's like they're "EA 2". Watch them; they'll scrap L4D 2 eventually for a L4D 3 after some other company releases a new zombie shooter.
tongue.gif

In any case, I'm curious to see how the game turns out. L4D was fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm almost certain that this game is a response to Killing Floor/Tripwire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj