Left 4 Dead 2 Will Last Much Longer As a Platform

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Jun 3, 2009.

Jun 3, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

Source

2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I was upset about Left 4 Dead 2 at first, but after reading the many changes I've finally accepted it. But they actually better stick with it this time...

3. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    new gameplay mode? o_o so this one will have more DLCs?

4. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Im kinda like... .the orginal L4D was NOT worth the 50€ i payed for it. I played the demo the two weeks before everyone else and had a load of fun... but.. after i havn't even completed all campaigns!.

Team Fortress 2 FTW!

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'll think that "dropping" the original L4D so early was stupid.

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    I thought that this wouldn't be as good because of the early release date, in respect to the first game. Nice to see greater lifespan. Thanks yet again War for the news [​IMG]

7. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    "Valve wasn't entirely satisfied with the original game"

No, no, no, no. This is pure bs.
    They made their choice and possibly rushed with L4D

Then came along Tripwire, creating a new zombie shooter with a new-twist of survival-horror known as Killing Floor.
    With more weapons, melee weapons, and 6+ multiplayer, people were ready to bash Killing Floor because of it's variety over L4D.

SO, Valve gets pissed cuz they realize they f'ed up and decided to scrap the first game, and start on a second one with, oh get this, more weapons, melee weapons, and POSSIBLY more than 4 player multi!!
    DDD:
    ZOMG

Valve is getting suckier and suckier. Their support and care for many games is getting weaker. It's like they're "EA 2". Watch them; they'll scrap L4D 2 eventually for a L4D 3 after some other company releases a new zombie shooter. [​IMG]

In any case, I'm curious to see how the game turns out. L4D was fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm almost certain that this game is a response to Killing Floor/Tripwire.