LBX save editor?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by hanseo, Sep 8, 2015.

1. hanseo
    OP

hanseo GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    it would to awesome have a save editor to get max exp for all characters and all parts

2. Jawertae

Jawertae Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Give me a list of the pointers/addresses for each and ill throw something together.

3. Inv4der

Inv4der Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2015
    United States
  4. Jawertae

Jawertae Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    These would be more akin to gameshark codes which edit ram. That means that the game has to be running and the ram must be altered. The games savedata would not be altered until it is saved manually in game. In order to make a save editor you'd have to have a breakdown of how the save itself is structured as well as know if it ia encrypted or any such thing.

Right now, using xxxhax 2.1 you can't do ram editting, this is a cfw solution. I can write a program to edit data but I don't have the technical knowhow to figure out encryption and whatnot of a savegame.

That being said, we don't know of ots encrypted or compressed but by the sheer amount of thinga you can have in your inventory and they way they each have their own set of stats (ac) I would bet that its compressed.

Ill poke around some savegames in hxd when I have time.

5. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    The savegame is partly crypted even after extracting with sdf.

6. Jawertae

Jawertae Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Right. I figure it will take someone making an encryption/decryption method like fire emblem did. It will most likely be a PITA.